Aonung

(Human version in his first POV)

Aonung was wrapped in his own thoughts the past few nights that he hadn't gotten a proper night of sleep in days.

Aonung woke up exhausted from the previous night. The sullys came over and they had stayed later than expected. The whole day Aonung had stayed in his bed, either sleeping or texting neteyam. He and neteyam had gotten close in the past couple of days, as Tsireya had made them all hang out every single day. Neteyam and Aonung made plans to meet at the beach later that day to surf.

Aonung slowly forced himself out of bed and downstairs. Everyone else has been awake for hours, and we're downstairs doing their own things. Aonung walked into the kitchen to get something to eat and was met by Tsireya, "good morning. I thought you were dead." Aonung rolled his eyes at her comment before pouring himself a bowl of cereal. He pulled out his phone to check his messages from neteyam.

Neteyam🏹

-hey, are we still on for surfing today?

Yea-

-how enthusiastic.

I just woke up. Cut me some slack-

-just!?

Shut up.-

-see you in a bit. 😉
————————————————————————

Aonung sighed as he rushed to finish his cereal before running up the stairs to grab his clothes.  Aonung threw on some swim shorts and a y shirt before packing his wet suit, board, and sun screen into the back of his jeep. Once he was all packed up he wandered into tsireyas room to see what she was up to. "Reya?" Aonung could hear a faint sound coming from her bathroom. He knocked on the door before hearing her faint "come in". She was getting ready for the day with her thousand products sprawled across her bathroom counter. "Jeez, how much stuff do you need to impress Lo'ak? You know he'll like you whether or not you have all that shit on your face. Ow!!" Tsireya had hit him across the head with her hand towel. "Aren't you going surfing today?" She asked, continuing with her makeup.
Aonung nodded. "Mom doesn't like when you have your braids done in the ocean. She'll yell at you if she sees you like that." She giggled. "Let me take them out for you."
Aonung sighed as he was forced to sit down on her carpet as she took his hair out.  Once she was done Aonung was running incredibly late. He ran out to his car and started the engine before speeding out of the driveway and to the beach. When Aonung arrived, the only car in the parking lot was Neteyams. Aonung sighed in relief as he pulled his car in next to Neteyams. He walked around to the drivers door and tapped on the window. Neteyam was sitting on his phone scrolling through instagram. But when Aonung tapped on the window his face lit up and he immediately got out of the car. Neteyam stopped in astonishment before Aonung. "Your hair! It's very pretty!" Neteyam touched one of the strands as Aonung explained, "yea sorry. That's actually why im so late. Our mom doesn't like our braids getting messed up." Neteyam nodded in understanding before putting his hands in his shorts pockets. "So ready to go?" Aonung snapped out of his daze and nodded. They walked to the back of Aonungs car so he could grab his board and wet suit. As Aonung took off his shirt he could swear he felt eyes on him. He quickly slipped on his wetsuit to avoid blushing at Neteyams gaze. "ready to go?"
aonung nodded in response. aonung couldn't help thinking about neteyam for the rest of the day. even after they finished surfing