Nightmares

You slowly begin to wake up, the usual morning grogginess in your system, you rub your eyes, squinting them against the bright sunlight shining from your apartment window, you roll over so the light is to your back, you lay there, your eyes traveling around your apartment room, the small corner kitchen, the bathroom door, your closet, and then it hits you, a cold Icy shiver in your veins, your hands tingling and heart pumping, how did I get here? You remember walking at night after closing up shop, a man following you, and Spider-Man choking the man, then him backing you up to a wall, pinning you there, whispering something in your ear, "you should be more careful" His words echoed in your head, the feeling of his hand against your mouth, you reached up and touched your lips with your hand, you sat up and clenched the bedsheets remembering how deep and raspy his voice was against your ear, and his hot breath... this isn't the time. You mentally smack yourself and sigh standing up from your bed and stretching, but did that really happen? I mean how did I end up back at my apartment? I passed out! How would he know where I lived? The questions raced through your brain and you had answers to none of them, why was Spider-Man there? You usually don't hear about Spider-Man saving young women from creeps, always bigger villains, like alchemex, green goblin and such, you couldn't make sense of any of it, it was just so weird.

🕷

Miguel was a simple man, he liked his coffee black with one sugar, anymore was too much to him, he didn't find sweets that... "sweet" always finding the bitterness behind them, but you...you were anything but bitter, and he always knew that, he had just finally found you, searching years for you, and he finally found you, 2 weeks ago and since then you've been his number one obsession, following you everywhere, he knew everything about you, where you lived, worked, what you did in your free time, who you liked, who you didn't, the way you'd sit out on your balcony staring at the stars when you couldn't sleep, he finally interacted with you yesterday, and he still couldn't believe it, everything you did was beautiful and fluent, he did think he went a little hard on you, but it was worth it, the way you stuttered on your words, and oh he didn't miss the way your eyes wandered down his body, and how your face reddened.

"Lyla has she woken up yet?" Miguel grunted to his holographic secretary, he drove down the road to your small little coffee shop, the street busy with the usual morning rush, it was 6:30, you'd be opening soon.

"Yes miguel she has." Lyla said, suddenly appearing, floating in front of him, crossing her arms.

"Ohh Lyla, you're not still mad at me are you?!" Miguel said chuckling, rolling his eyes, he looked past his assistant trying to see the road, his fingers tapping the wheel.

"You're disgusting, putting cameras in the poor girls room!" Lyla said, leaning over, putting emphasis on her words, glitching, hands now on her hips, "wasn't it enough stalking her?" She chastised.

"Lyla you know why... now go away that's all I needed to hear" Miguel puffed out, "And im... I'm not stalking her!" He said defensively, he waved his hand through the hologram, she glitched out, disappearing.

🕷

You looked at your phone, SHIT , you were late! You hurried putting on a white T-shirt and baggy jeans, grabbing your keys, deciding to take your car today, you wouldn't want last night happening again, hurrying down the stairs of the apartment building you rushed through the lounge room.

"Morning there L/N (last name)" Joe said, smiling his usual smile, Joe was the security guard, he was quite a big man, and he sure could tackle someone, you've seen it happen once before when a man came in threatening to shoot the place up, you slowed down stopping in front of him, you grinned, you then realized that Joe would've been still on duty last night.