7.'

There comes a time in every person's life where they have to question whether every risk is worth taking or whether every path holds its own consequences.

Brittny's House 

Portage, WI

8:35 am 

*Jordan's POV*

Why'd I drink so much last night?

I groan as I adjust my body in bed once again, I can't seem to get into a comfortable position because of the way Ivory has me wrapped up in her arms at the moment. She's about to be on her way down the hall to sleep in Brittny's room if she trembles even one more time, I swear. I don't know what's going on with her this morning, but she's been shaking the whole bed every few minutes and won't loosen her grip around my waist, which is making it harder for me to sleep. Actually, I'm not even asleep anymore. I just refuse to open my eyes because once I see the light of day, sleep no longer feels real or attainable.

Even though I have to wake up and prepare to spend the weekend at my mother's, I'm just going to have to arrive late today. It's not like I have much to do before leaving out, my bag is fully packed and ready to go. Being late today shouldn't be an issue because I typically get there early on weekends, and the way my hangover from last night is hitting me right now, the only thing I physically can do is sit here and overthink as a true Taurus does.

Ivy tightens her grasp on my waist once again as I put one of my hands over hers to comfort her. I'm unsure whether she's having an unpleasant dream or something, but she usually doesn't move about very much when she sleeps. I grab her hand, hoping that'll help her, and lean back into her arms a bit so she feels my body heat underneath her.

Finally finding a comfortable position, I let my imagination wander before my headache could start disrupting my comfort.

Yet all I could think about was the party. Last night was, honestly, so much fun. The headache and nausea are worth it because the kick-off definitely did not disappoint. After Brittny's crisis in the bathroom, we all got ourselves together and went back out to get some drinks. We were in the crowd dancing and twerking with everyone, sipping our drinks, and having a great time when I saw Johnathan out of the corner of my eye. I didn't want to ruin Ivy's night, and if Brittny would've seen him, I knew she wouldn't hesitate to confront him, and after the altercation we just avoided, I didn't want to risk my chances of Britt keeping her cool at this party. I remember leading us towards the sliding door to avoid any contact with Johnathan and get out of that crowded ass party.

It was so packed last night that I honestly didn't recognize anybody that was there, but at the same time, I knew everybody was in attendance. I had three pre-rolls tucked in Ivy's purse and lit them while we took in the scenery that was going on by the pool. It was too cold to get in the pool, but everyone was chilling outside, dancing to the music, or smoking in one of the corners with their friends, similar to us. The night went on for hours, and after we made it home, tired, and hungry, Britt warmed up our pasta from earlier while we all took turns taking showers. Then, when the night finally settled around 4 a.m., Ivy came into my room to crawl into bed and cuddle with me like she does every time she sleeps over at Britt's.

If I would've known my hangover would be this deadly, I would've ended my night after we finished smoking and just enjoyed the buzz I had, but obviously, I couldn't predict the future and had three more shots before the night was over. Which I was definitely paying for this morning. Who knew Dussé could be so lethal?

Through the curtain I neglected to close yesterday after school, the sun streams into my room and directly into my eyes.

Well, my sleep is completely ruined.