13.'

Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place...

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Homecoming Game

8:56 pm

*3 weeks later*

*

"It's Homecoming BITCHESS!" The girls exclaim as they jump around wildly in Jordan's room, recording the moment for their Snapchat viewers.

It was officially homecoming season for Portage Prep High and all the students were in the spirit. Despite the cold weather, the whole student body was participating in spirit week at school, dressing up in themed costumes, voting or campaigning for the homecoming court, and setting up for the homecoming game. The school was covered in orange and white decorations as they prepared to bring home a victory for their homecoming game against Kingston High. It was the football game of the year for Portage County but most of the fuss was about the after-party.

Following a ten-day suspension from the fight, Brittny was finally back into civilization with her friends. She was eager to return to school, although she'd missed sleeping her days away, and ironically, her return to school overlapped with the week of homecoming. What better way to conclude your punishment than with a week of celebrations and activities? It was the perfect return for our little troublemaker.

The girls were ecstatic, to say the least, no more suspension, no more detention, and, most importantly, no more drama. They finally felt free and properly adjusted to the practicalities of their junior year. The only downfall to their return was Brittny not being able to run for homecoming court because of her suspension but that didn't stop them from participating in spirit week. They spent the week waking up an hour early for school to get dressed in matching outfits and full glam makeup looks corresponding with each Spirit Week theme. The only thing left was gameday and the homecoming dance.

It was the last quarter of the homecoming game and PPHS was in the lead by 24 points when most students decided to head out and start getting ready for the afterparty. James wanted to throw an afterparty with just the upperclassmen and personally sent out invitations for this event. He had no intention of hosting a big party like usual, he was aiming for something fun and easy to manage. However, James and Michael had been spending a lot more time around the girls since the fight between Brittny and Da'Shayla, and James invited Brittny and Jordan to the party before they even started planning it.

Ivory sat straddling Jordan's lap while her friends finished up her makeup and hair for the afterparty. They all decided to dress coordinated for the party and settled on wearing bodysuits, each using different accessories to enhance their look. They didn't want to overdress when there was the homecoming dance and afterparty hosted by the seniors tomorrow night.

Ivory wore a black bodysuit with gold accessories and her slip-on vans, she put her hair up in a messy bun, and a flawlessly applied soft-beat eyeshadow by Brittny. Brittny wore her sew-in straight with a full glam makeup look, wearing a red bodysuit, silver hoop earrings, a charm necklace, and her red and black Vans. While Jordan wore a white crossbody bag to match her white Air Forces and a nude sleeveless bodysuit with silver accessories. She settled for some concealer and lip gloss since she was trying to take a break from any heavy makeup for a while. Her natural hair was straightened, and the blunt-cut ends complemented her outfit perfectly.

The girls scrambled around the house adding finishing touches to their looks, spraying perfume, grabbing snacks, and partially cleaning up the mess they made while getting dressed. They were all delighted to be in each other's presence and grateful for the opportunity to go out and enjoy themselves. They joked together sharing funny memories and expressed their admiration for one another's growth. They had been through a lot together and made the decision to start focusing more on the victories in life and stop concentrating on what was going wrong. Life was about more than being bitter and pitiful for oneself, it was about elevation and reflection on both the good and bad times.