Birthday party

Yato's POV

"Yukine! We need more spray paint!" I yelled in the middle of the street in the most thrown away corner of Tokyo.

"Yukine?" He didn't seem to be around. Gosh, that kid! Why doesn't he have respect for his master! I'm out here on my own trying to get my 'Delivery God' business to work and he abandons me suddenly? I've been spray painting for hours on the walls! How will people know that I ,mighty God, exists if they don't have a sign for my service?

I looked around the street and spotted a store nearby. I guess I have to buy paint on my own.

I went in with few coins in my pocket thinking if this will be enough for the red spray paint on the stook. I went on each row in search for it when ,suddenly, I saw a familiar blond hair and green fluffy jacket.

"There you are! You just abandoned your master!"

"Huh?!" Yukine turned around with annoying facial expression.

"Now, come on! We have a lot of spray painting to do! Our job calls us! And what's up with those toys?" I tried to pull him from the toy section.

"Ugh! You don't decide when I get to leave! Besides..." He looked down.

"Huh? What? Don't be such a baby." I was confused.

"Wait, you forgot?"

"What! I can't forget anything!"

"Aha..."

"Well, sometimes I need my Regalia to remind me of important things..." I smiled mockly.

He sighed. "It's Hiyori's birthday, you dumbass." Those words hit me like thunder.

"Wait! It's TODAY?! Oh no, seems like time passes fast when you are the best God around. Haha..." Yukine seemed irritated.

"Let me guess, you didn't buy her anything."

"What! Y-Yes I have, just...um, what did you buy her?"

"Well, I was thinking of this teddy bear. It reminds me of her. Until SOMEONE had to interrupt me." He looked at me, still holding the toy in his hands.

"Oh come on Yukine! Please, help me find something for her! It has to be something special. She is the one who always looks out for us, makes us smile and can tolerate me in every ways! She deserves the best gift out here! We caused her enough trouble." I was on my knees.

"...says the guy who actually forgot about it."

"Shut up!" I hit him lightly in the head. "Now, tell me. How much cash do you have with you?"

"First of all, no. Second of all, I will spend it all on this teddy. And I'm not planning to share this present with you." I sobbed.

"Fine. I'll find something on my own." And I was trying really. I went on each store from each location and all kinds of rows to find at least a decent present she deserves, but nothing, I ran out of luck. It was close to the sunset and some old people will call it a day, but I wasn't intimated by that. I checked the other street of Tokyo in luck of finding something. I went in one shop called - Everything for everything- and they really had everything! It was the the most crowded store tho. I went on and on until I spotted a pink necklace that had a logo of crown on it. If I was a girl I would already be on my knees begging anyone to buy me this. This will be a perfect gift! And the crown matches my logo on the shirt too! That way she can think of me every time she sees it. I turned the box on the other side only to find the price ticket with 500 yens on it.

"500 yens?!" I didn't have that money! I'm such a jinx. By this time I won't even make it to her birthday party. Ugh! Why does everything good had to be expensive. Wait a second... I think I might have gotten an idea.