So You Want To Kill A 'Hero'

The elf and the undead stared at each other for a long moment, trying to understand each other, stretching the silence between them like a rubber band.

Minerva was a little stumped by the question. To say she was a Unique Undead didn't explain anything. Rather, it posed more questions. She felt extremely awkward about her new racial identity, despite trying to make the best of it.

The staring match didn't help either. This was a remarkably pretty little elf girl who looked extremely hungry. She was wearing more dirt than clothes, and all her ribs were clearly visible beneath the skin. A small part of Minerva felt very, very jealous of this girl - simply because she had skin and a pulse to go with it.

"Well? Are you going to answer or not?" The impatient elf asked, clenching her small fists with tension.

"Okay, right, soooo... I'm Minerva, and I'm... biologically challenged?" She said cautiously.

"Biologically challenged? You're clearly an Undead, and there's no point pretending otherwise." The elf grumbled, staring pointedly at the dirty skeleton with burning green eyes and conspicuously missing flesh.

"Yes, well, I'm Minerva. And you are?"

"Sulilah." The elf girl replied.

"Right. So, kid - what year is it?"

"Don't call me kid, Skelly girl - and I don't know."

"I'm not a skeleton, I'm a Unique Undead."

"Yeah, yeah, we're all individuals." The elf, Sulilah, rolled her eyes and Minerva nearly stamped her foot. Why was this kid so frustrating to talk to?

"Can you at least point me to the nearest settlement?"

"That was the goblins, and you cleaned them out quite thoroughly."

"I didn't mean a monster settlement."

Sulilah raised a brow in surprise. "An Undead dares to intrude into a civilised settlement? Are you tired of your existence?"

"Where else am I suppose to find out what year it is?"

"Why are you so fixated on knowing the year?"

"I want to know how long I've been dead, and what's happened since."

"Okay, but you know they will destroy you on sight. Undead feed on the living through touch, and everything you touch becomes infectious with all sorts of diseases. You are public enemy number one as far as everyone is concerned."

"I told you, I am Unique - I don't have Pestilence. I don't feed through touch either, otherwise all those goblins would have swarmed me to destruction before I could finish the lot of them." Minerva grumbled.

"Okay, you're Unique - but people are not going to care. The precedent says all Undead should be eliminated on sight, and that's what people have stuck to since time immemorial. They're not going to break the rules for an unfamiliar skeleton. And why are you so keen on knowing what's up in recent years?"

"There's a pervert running around calling himself a 'hero', and my history records have been altered - so I'm going to kill him."

"Was his name Katsuki?" Sulilah asked with a focused expression.

"Might have been. I didn't care enough to remember."

"Then it's a coincidence - I want to kill him too."