Thanksgiving Break!

I've been waiting for a reason to write a mostly fluff fic about the Owl House cast spending a holiday together... And so here we are!

Enjoy this most likely cringe writing.

***

Luz forgot how hard it was to be patient and wait for the bell to ring the school day before Thanksgiving break.

She had been fiddling with her pencil at her desk for pretty much the whole day, only half-listening to the teacher's lectures as the hours went by.

"...And that's why the formula isn't supposed to be used in that kind of scenario." The teacher finished an explanation, tapping the board with his marker as he did.

Luz blinked, realizing she hadn't even half-listened to the lecture this time.

"...Crap, I hope that isn't on the test after the break." Luz mumbled to herself.

"Okay, can anyone tell me the basic idea of that formula...?" The teacher asked, before pointing at Luz. "Noceda, perhaps you can?"

"Uhhh...." Luz trailed off, trying to think of what to say to stall so she didn't have to reveal she wasn't listening.

The bell suddenly rang, and you could swear it was for a fire drill with how fast all the students got up, and began making their way to the door. Luz sighed heavily with relief, picking her bag up to leave as well. She had quite literally been saved from social embarrassment by the bell.

The teacher waved goodbye as the students filed through the door to leave. "And I hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving break! You've all been working very hard, and deserve it!" He told them all.

Luz chuckled to herself. God, he didn't know the half of it.

***

Luz loved walking home from school on Autumn afternoons. The sweet smell of maple leaves always managed to put a small smile on her face as she walked down the sidewalk.

She enjoyed the sights until she eventually made it to her house, where her adopted basilisk sister was out and about in her human form, raking leaves in the front yard.

Vee clearly had been outside doing it for a while now, her now bagging up the piles she had previously made.

"So, excited for your first Thanksgiving Vee?" Luz asked, as she finished off another pile.

"I sure am! From what mom's told me, it's gonna be great!" Vee grinned, finishing off another leaf bag.

Luz chuckled, and walked past her to go inside the house. She entered through the door, and put her backpack down next to the stairs. From the kitchen, Camila's voice was heard calling out.

"Mija, is that you?" Camila asked from across the house.

"Yeah mamá! It's me!" Luz replied back.

"I'm in the kitchen, cleaning the platos!" Camila said, to which Luz perked up.