Please! Notice me (KeyuNine) Part 1

"Zhou Keyu, stand up! Which is the hottest layer of Earth's atmosphere?" their teacher ask Keyu. He is preparing to scold Keyu assuming he won't get the right answer.

They are in the middle of discussion in their Science subject. But Zhou Keyu is busy talking to his best friend Mika about the game they play yesterday. Of course, the teacher will still hear their whisper.

He is mad as usual and called Keyu for a recitation. For someone that is not listening, it is impossible to answer the question.

"Pst." Keyu heard a whisper from his right side. It was Nine.

He slide his notebook to the direction of Keyu exposing on what is written on it. Keyu read them in without the teacher noticing.

"Thermosphere sir." He answer.

The teacher was surprise as he got the right answer. "That is correct. You may take your seat and next time stop talking to your classmate while we are in the middle of the class." he glared at him.

"Yes sir. I'm sorry."

Keyu released a heavy sigh as he take his seat.

"That's close." Nine comment. But Keyu just rolled his eye. Nine smile faded but choose to ignore it.

Keyu is always like that to him. He always treat Nine like someone that doesn't exist. Even Nine tries to act kind to him. Keyu still ignore him.

BREAK TIME:
Linmo tap Nine's shoulder. "I saw what you did." and pulled his arm to take him in the canteen.

"What do you mean?" he act innocently.

"You gave him the answer." he said in derisive tone. "You do not have to do that. He is alway unkind to you. If I were you, I will just unloved him. Don't expect anymore."

"You cannot teach the heart. Only the heart knows whom to love."

"Tsk. Corny. He did not even say 'thank you'."

As they reach canteen, Linmo bought a challah and milk while Nine bought Croissant and strawberry shake.

"You really like those stuff huh?" Linmo noticed. "You have the same order everyday."

"Yeah these are my favorites." he stop talking as someone bump him.

"Oops sorry." he is surprised to see Keyu in front of him.

"Watch where you are walking." he scorn and glare at him.

"I'm sorry. I did not mean to."

"Really?  As if I didn't know that you are stalking to me." his friends laugh after keyu stated that. "You intentionally bump me for me to notice you."

Nine is speechless. He really did not mean to bump him. But his actions were misinterpreted by Keyu after that day that Nine confessed his feelings for him.

"Don't be full of yourself." Linmo answer him. "Its not his fault that you are clumsy enough to not notice the person in front of you."

"And who the hell are you?"

"See how idiot you are." Linmo mock him. "I am your classmate yet you don't remember me? If Nine didn't help you. You already being scolded by our teacher."

"I did not ask for your friend's help." he divert his attention to Nine. "Next time, don't meddle to my problem."

"Are you mad at me because I help you get the answer right?" Nine ask in confusion.

"No. I'm mad at you at everything you do. I don't want to see your face."

"Then transfer to other school." Linmo butt in again. "He doesn't need to adjust for you." he grabbed Nine hand to escaped in that place.

"That's why I told you to already move on from him." Keyu heard Linmo as they are walking away from them.

Nine finish his activity in the music club at exactly 5:15pm. All of the students are already went home except for those who have school club.

For Nine this is the best time to get home. He loves the atmosphere of the school being empty. He can devour the peace and calm of his surroundings.

As he is walking along the hallway, he saw a familiar figure.

"Are you just going home?" Nine approach Keyu. For a moment, he regretted asking him as for sure he will just snob him.

"Yes, the journalism club is kinda hectic today." Nine is a little bit surprise as he answer casually.

He remember that every time he tries to approach him, its either he snob him or talk rudely to him.

"Oh I see." he doesn't know what to say anymore to have more interaction between them.

"How about you?"

"Same with you. Maybe all of the club right now are busy for the upcoming event."

"Yeah. Right."

Nine gave him an awkward smile. "Then, I'll go first." and wave his hand.

"Let's go together. We have the same direction right?"

Nine is surprise on what he heard. He never expect Keyu to remember that. He is actually right. Their houses have the same direction.  But Nine always walk behind him so he could watch him while walking.

"Are you sure?"

Keyu nod. "But if you don't want to. That's okay." he didn't wait for him to walk along with him and start walking. But Nine runs after him and follow him.

Is he the same Keyu I know? He is acting different now. Usually he is rude but now he is ....... kind... This is a dream, right?

to be continue...