Please! Notice me (KeyuNine) Part 2

That day is a precious memory of Nine with Keyu. It was the first time he was being kind with him. But after that day, Keyu went back to that snobbish and rude person.

Keyu was assign to monitor the classroom for this day so he expected  to go home late than usual but he had a conflict as he also made promise to his friends to join them in their karaoke session.

"Hey Nine." he approach Nine. He is preparing his backpack as it is already their dismissal. "I need you for something."

"Ask our other classmate and not him." Linmo grab Nine's hand but Nine insist of listening to Keyu.

"What do you need?"

"I have an emergency  today. Change me as the class monitor for this day, will you?" it is supposedly a request but the way Keyu say it was like a command.

Linmo warns him to not agree but Nine already nod his head.

"If it is an emergency. I can do it for you."

Keyu gave him a smile. "That so kind of you. Thanks. I'll treat you to a cafe tomorrow after." and already left the classroom.

Nine finish his task late than expected but for him, it just okay as long as it is for the person he love.

Before he go home, he decided to buy his favorite croissant to have something to eat later at night. He has a plan of sleeping late and eating midnight snack later considering tomorrow is a weekend. This became a routine to Nine.

He is smiling while singing in whisper as he walk out the bakery bringing in his right side his croissant. After he dropped by at the bakery, he decided to look for a CD of his fave artist.

He scan the CDs one by one but realize that he already have almost all of them. He is a little bit paralyzed to hear a familiar laughter in the karaoke near the store.

He saw Keyu with his friends coming out on that Karaoke. They stroll a little bit to buy a drink while Nine secretly watching them.

"I thought it was an emergency."

He eavesdropped for a moment.

"I thought you are being kind to him. I saw you last time walking home together with him." one of his friends said. It was Santa.

Are they talking about me?

"Of course not." Keyu answer laughing. "But I realized I need to be a little soft for him to make him do whatever I like. Just one smile and he'll do whatever I say."

"Oh. Just like how you make him change shift with him. You are cunning huh."

"Of course. Nine is a clever student. Since he can do almost everything. My life could be much easier being him around."

"Stop using people for your own sake dude. Be afraid of karma." Santa tap his shoulder but also laughing with him.

"Just let me be dude, at least he can do something apart of being annoying."

"If you hated him that much then just give him to me."

Keyu is a little bit surprised at what his friend stated. But maintain his composure. "Seriously Santa, don't try or at least have a standard." and their other friends laugh.

As their laughter become louder they heard a sound from behind. But as they look there is no one around so they just shrugged it off.

"Hey dude, I think I need to go first." Santa say his goodbye.

"Okay dude."

Nine sit in the bench as he still shock on what he heard. He knows that Keyu doesn't like him. But to hear those word exactly from his mouth make it more hurtful.

He can't stop the tears from his eyes.

Handkerchief is being handed to him by someone. To his surprise it was Santa. He doesn't want to accept it and preparing to leave but Santa hold his hand.

"I'm sorry." he heard him said.

"For what?"

"You heard it, right? I saw you at the music store." Nine lower his head.

"Its okay. Just let me leave."

"No. It's not okay. Keyu is always like that. Always speak harsh words behind your back."

Nine glared at him. "Now, why are saying this to me?"

"Nothing. It is still your choice if you continue to like him. But don't be mad at me because of him. I did nothing to you."

Nine is still glaring at him but Santa just smile.

"Come on. Let me buy ice cream to you. Then after that, let's be friend." he firmly hold his hand and brought him to ice cream store.

On the next day, Keyu is in the side of the door as always and Nine is entering to their classroom. Nine did not greet him nor look at him. he just casually went to his seat.

For Keyu, that is weird considering Nine always greet him 'good morning'. Keyu also sit to his armchair cause they are seated next to each other. But Nine acted like he never see Keyu.

Keyu starts to feel annoy but cannot complain because he is always the one that act snob between them. He will lose his pride if he is the first to approach.

During their class discussion, Keyu is being called again for their recitation. He is expecting Nine to give him the answer just like he always do. But surprisingly, Nine didn't. He just lower his head most of the time until all their classes finish.

Nine is preparing to leave.

"Are you going home?" Keyu ask him. Try to sound natural and relax.

"Yes. Do you need something?" This time he look into his eyes. Keyu startle as he saw something different from Nine's stare. It is not the usual stare Nine always give him that full of admiration. Right now, they are cold.

"Nothing."

"Then, I'll just go first."

"Do you want to go home together."

"Sorry but I can't." and he immediately left.

Linmo is also preparing to leave the classroom. Unlike other students, he still have an appointment with the student council since he is the vice president.

He was shock as someone grab him by the arm and led him to a corridor.

"What the hell Zhou Keyu?!" Linmo shout in furious but Keyu is also scowling on him.

"Yes. What the hell. What did you say to your friend?"

"What?"

"What did you said to Nine to make him ignore me?"

"I did not say anything and I don't even know that he is ignoring you." Linmo smirk as he realized the situation.

"Oh, so he is ignoring you?" he said in a mocking tone. "Maybe he already moved on from you."

Keyu slammed the wall beside Linmo. "If you had something to do with it. I'll punch you."

"Are you threatening me?" Linmo simper. "First, I did not say or do anything. Second, just be thankful that my friend is not bothering you anymore. Enjoy your freedom and I need to go now to student council."

to be continued...