PROLOGUE

Zephire's POV

I vividly remembers the days of our childhood spent with my beloved sister, Zephany Lena Grey. The two of us were inseparable, always by each other's side, and sharing everything from our deepest secrets to our wildest dreams. We would spend our afternoons playing with dolls, reading books, and chasing each other around our sprawling backyard.

Our parents and the Feliciano family were great friends which led to the introduction of Caelix Zerrin Feliciano, the only son of the Feliciano family. Me and my sister are too comfortable with the presence of him even though he doesn't want to hang out with us. He is so cold-blooded. He doesn't even want us to bother him but still we do.

As we grew up, our feelings for Caelix grew too. Zephany was the first to express her attraction to him, and it didn't take long before I fell under his magnetic charm as well. We would compete over his attention in a friendly manner at first, but things changed when Zephany's feelings for Caelix turned into obsession.

The once tight-knit bond between us shattered as Zephany started to put Caelix on a pedestal, and I watched my sister change right before my eyes. She desperately tried to reason with me, but Zephany was beyond reason, and her obsession with Caelix led her to do things that started to put me in harm ways. Our relationship soon turned into a rivalry, one fueled by jealousy and resentment, which was destroying us from the inside out.

I was torn between protecting my sister and protecting myself from her anger. I tried to bury my feelings for him, but they kept sprouting again, and I  couldn't control the way I felt. I could feel our sisterhood slipping away with every passing day, and I didn't know how to prevent it.