Chapter 9.

Carlos Sainz

Carlos Sainz

Where's my favorite lawyer? — I say as I knock on Morgan's office door.

She lifts her head and smiles at me.

— Carlitos! My favorite Spaniard — she answers back happy.

I chuckle at her response.

— Busy?

— Little bit — she answers letting out a sigh.

— I can see that — I say looking at all the files on her desk and taking a seat in the little couch on her office.

— Are you guys done with the simulator?

— No, not yet, we're just taking a break and I decided to pay a visit.

— Lucky me — she chuckles.

I then see her lifting her head a bit more in direction to the door like she's looking for someone, she's trying to be discrete but failed to as I know exactly who she's looking for.

A certain monegasque green eyed friend of mine.

— He's with Mattia — I say to her.

— Que? — she answers like I just took her out of her trance.

— Charles, he's with Mattia — I say downplaying as I immediately see her face turn pale at the mention of Charles, like she just got caught.

— Oh that's fine, but why are you telling me? — she asks with a nervous laugh trying to hide the fact that she's looking for him.

She looks cute.

— Because you're obviously looking for him — I answer as if it was obvious and watching her every nervous move.

— No, I'm not I was just distracted — she tried to cover herself. 

I chuckle at her reactions.

— It's okay Morgan I already know.

— Know what? — she said trying to downplay the situation.

— You really want me to say it out loud?

— I don't know what you're talking about Carlitos — she said taking a sip of her water.

It's funny how she's holding into the last minimum string of hiding this.

— Fine, I'll say it, you and Charles are sleeping together — now I was the one who said it downplaying just to annoy her.

Morgan's eyes immediately widened as she spit the water in her mouth looking at me like she didn't believe I actually knew what is going on between her and Charles.

I burst into laughter at her spitting her water.

— How?

— How? Well you're the one sleeping with him cariño, you should know how — I say like I didn't understand her question.