For Her

He was important to her, so he would protect him.

Just for her.

or

Ao'nung's friends plan to leave him outside of the reef, but Ao'nung has second thoughts on it. He knew how much he meant to her. So instead of leaving like the others did, he stayed. He would fight for him, for her.
__________

She wanted to punch her idiot brother in the face sometimes.

She didn't need to though, considering that Lo'ak did it for her... multiple times.

Her father dropped a newly healed Ao'nung off and explained what had happened.

Needless to say that she was pissed and shocked.

She knew that he could be a menace and a asshole, but she didn't think that he would take it that far.

After their father left, he admitted on what he said and did.

He called him all kinds of names, "demon blood", "runaway", a baby. He then said something out of pocket that made the boy snap.

"No wonder why your family doesn't love you,"

She would have beaten, bitten, and scratched him up too.

He had two deep scratches on the corner of his lips and four on his right strake.

They would scar.

He was bitten on the jaw, arm, leg, and strangely his tail.

She had told him and his friend to apologize.

"Ugh, why!?"

"You know why, you kurkung! I can't believe you would say something so cruel!"

Ao'nung sat in his older sister's marui, pouting as she paced back and forth as she folded dough in her hands.

"He has been trying since he's got here and all your doing is making it hard for him."

"He's a demon runaway! I don't care that-"

He stopped when she glared at him, tilting her head menacingly.

He gulps as she wills herself to calm down.

Those were the words her mother used when he got here, so why was it a problem when he said it?

His sister took another deep breath and turned to him with a stern but soft expression.

"Ao'nung, why do you take everything mother says to heart?"

"Because-!"