Chapter 31

Lisa schooled my features with a hard glare as I stormed inside her room. The whole place was broken up into two parts: the first being messy piles of clothes on the floor and open drawers, and the second, a perfectly tidy bed and a desk in the middle with a pair of black shoes that lined up perfectly with the frame of the door that Lisa shut behind me.

It was strange to walk through the space where she slept. It didn't feel like someone truly lived here. It was... lonely and cold, much like Lisa had been with me in the past. The blinds were half closed, blocking out the main sources of sunlight. The entire room was stripped to the bare necessities of one person. There were no frames or posters hung up on the walls, nothing to indicate a hobby or single memory with family. However what intrigued me the most, was the small and transparent yellow prescription botte sitting on top of her nightstand, practically empty. From where I stood I couldn't read the label, but their presence in the room caught me off guard completely.

When Lisa saw what I spotted, she tread across the room and took them in her hand, shoving them deep into her pocket.

I couldn't describe the feeling that buried itself in the pit of my stomach, but it locked itself in place as I tried to shake what I saw from my memory and remember why I came in the first place.

"I- I don't care what you do with your life, Lisa. Frankly, it is none of my business, but I am not a pushover or a puppet for you to play with when you're bored!" I howled. "I know what happened with Diana after you ran away from me last night, and if you want to hook-up with other girls, fine by me, just leave me the hell out of it!"

I paced around, trying to sort through everything I needed to say to her, yet seeing her face pointed at the ground, ignoring me, only brought more distaste into my words.

"I really thought we both felt the same thing when we kissed. I thought I could finally begin to understand you..." Is shook my head, quickly beginning to raise my voice. "For a single moment, I felt something for you... and it was just another mistake!"

Her head shot up straight away and she looked at me with a frown that gently drowned in her words. "It wasn't a mistake."

"Everything we do together seems to be a mistake!" My voice broke. "I am tired of being used and treated like dirt by someone who doesn't even care about me!"

Lisa clenched her jaw and her eyes tightened. She turned her back to me and forcibly closed the drawers on her dresser, removing herself from the conversation entirely. She didn't have to say anything for me to understand that she didn't want me here, that she wasn't interested in what I was trying to say.

It was amusing to me that there used to be a time when she would do the same thing and I would have brushed it off, but when she did it now, it stung.

"You don't get to turn your back on me, Lisa." I sniffled. "You don't get to avoid me, you're the one who messed up!"

"I think it's best if you leave."

"Why? Do you have some other blonde to get to?"

"Get out... please, just get out." She breathed heavily while repeating herself, pleading.

I continued despite her attempts. "You know, every time I begin to think you aren't a bad person that everyone tells me you are, you somehow find a way to prove me wrong! You are so convinced that people see you in a bad light, yet you do nothing to let somebody see otherwise!"

Instead of closing the drawers in the same manner in which she was doing before, Lisa started to slam them as loudly as she could. The wood smacked against itself and drowned out my words - she was doing it on purpose.