Chapter 3 : The grocery store

Life makes a joke out of me, and it's so funny that I wanna ball my eyes out.

This boy has no clue about me being his blind date tomorrow. Should I tell him to make things less awkward for the both of us, or should I let him remain in his blindness ?

Then, he interrupts my overthinking,

"HEY... how are you? You're Lia's friend, right....Amya, I guess, was your name ?

I didn't like the way he said that. I'm really good at disliking people for no reason, maybe, but that sounded like he was trying to remember a side character, which I am obviously, but he could've been nicer....I guess ?

I reply back without putting a single thought to my own response.

"Yeah, I am, and you are ? "

This must be my arrogant side coming to surface cause I know exactly who he is and what he's gonna be doing tomorrow.

He looks at me like he's shocked by my response, like he's trying to find the right words to tell me who he is. One thing is certain, now he feels like a side character for sure.

"Oh, I'm Joshua, Joshua Wilson... Don't you remember me ? We met at Lucas's birthday party last year. "

"Oh...I remember now. You're Lucas's friend."

Lucas is Lia's boyfriend. Yeah, we meet there, and I remember it all too well cause he had apparently just broken up with his girlfriend that time and was looking to hook up with just anyone. I remember him asking me out, and I remember me telling him 'no', and I remember him spilling a drink on my dress 'accidentally'.
In shot, my perception of him is that...he is a jerk. Well, the rumors about him say otherwise, but for me, he is a jerk.
Interested in the rumors ? Well, Rumors has it that he's a gentleman and also a possessive guy, and his girlfriend broke up with him cause of his extreme possessiveness. But he became quite indifferent to women after that, which showed that day when he 'accidentally' spilled the drink on my dress.
That's all I know about him.

"So what you're doing here?" He says.

That has to be the most stupid question ever to be asked in a grocery store. I want to be sarcastic so bad, but then I remember what I have to do tomorrow, so I let my creativity die.

"Just getting some grocery, obviously. And what about you? I've never seen you here before."

"Yeah, right, I don't live here. I just came here with my mom. She had some discount coupons exclusive to this store and had quite a lot to buy, so I tagged along with the car."

He has discount coupons, and he still has his eyes on that 30% off pack of tea ? That last pack of tea. MY PACK OF TEA.

I reply without thinking,

"Why are you buying a tea pack on discount then if you have a discount coupon? You can buy some other tea pack, won't make a difference."

That's the little bit of shame that was left within me, leaving my body. Right now, I'll do anything for that tea pack. I NEED tea in my life, especially when I'm on the verge of going broke.

He frowns at me and says,

"I'm not buying this tea pack cause it's on discount, I'm buying it cause that's my favorite brand and I only buy tea of this brand."
He emphasizes the 'I'm buying it cause that's my favorite brand' part.

Did he just passively say that I'm buying this tea pack cause it's on discount even if it's true?

"Oh ....I see... but you can find it in the grocery store near your house, so let me have this one .....please?"