CH 1 Time for a break

He doesn't pay attention when his fingers or something in his hands gravitate to his mouth, nor do we question when they stay there for long periods of time, so far it seems like I'm the only one who has connected the dots, I suspect hen see's it sometimes but just scrunches her nose in a thoughtful way and gives him something to do with his hands, but she doesn't tell him and her efforts only ever worked once albeit she's only caught it 4 times before, but I guess I spend more time with him so I'm bound to discover habits like the better than the crew, Regardless, this place is like a second home to him, the look in his eyes is lost most of the time, but it happens when he's happy, upset, excited, thinking, Even sitting and talking to the team, but they don't notice how often it is, it calms him.

Eddie's Pov

after a bad call cap has him on the couch with him and me; Chim sitting on the other couch on the right side, cap silently read a story buck had been talking about while the TV played afternoon cartoons as a white noise of sorts, Chim sat lazily scrolling through his device and I sat the closest to cap buck on my right, I was reading along over his shoulder and cap started to read softly aloud, Evan caught an interest when he heard the familiar word shuffling closer to enjoy the moment of gentle storytelling, he rested his head to the side and absently found my shoulder as a pillow, I didn't mind and followed suit laying my head near caps he read ahead a few lines so he could turn to us dozing at the sound of a safe voice keeping the ache in our hearts at bay Chim joined us on the left and opted to pull his head over the back of the couch, cap pulled a face that friegned   offense making me and Chim laugh lightly as he continues the fantasy book titled 'The real boy', buck readjusting to pull his legs up to lay the length of the couch to the right and putting his thumb in his mouth sucking on it I changed my potion to Criss Cross a learning further into bobby as the last minutes of our shift fell away from us, buck still attached to my side I closed my eyes, listening to the last bits of the book I could grab and let sleep take me accepting that bobby just read us a bed time story.

When I woke the first thing I noticed was Bobby's arm around me, I didn't care because it made me feel safe push my head to his side not missing the weight in my lap as I drifted away again. I awoke again to captain rubbing my arm to wake me, I look at him and he smiled softly and asked me to wake the others while he stepped away, we had only been out for 2 hours and a half making the time 2:48 pm, b-shift had got a call the second they clocked in and have been gone this whole time, I sat up and glaced at the two others sleeping. Chimney had been resting with his feet on caps legs and had been set to the side when he stood, I started to tap his leg getting a groan and turn in response, 'caps in the kitchen' I whispered and he rubbed the sleep from his eyes  sitting up 'yea, ok' he said surrendering his rest he look behind us and turned to stare at my lap for a while with a curious face on, I looked to find buck still far in his dreams sucking his thumb, I just look back at Chim who nodded 'he's like a baby' he said fondly in a breath as he approached the kitchen, I started to brush my fingers through his curly hair that had been growing longer nowadays, show casing his curls, 'come on, let go see what bobby is doing' I gently suggest as his eyes flutter open and his lips releasing his digit, standing I reach for his hand to lead him to the kitchen, he takes it and I ignore the saliva that brushes the side of my hand and try to keep him alert enough to not stop when i release his hand but give up when I notice half closed eyes and the posture of a child 'chim was right' I say under my breath as I lead him to a seat and bobby raises a brow, ' buck you ok?' buck didn't respond and instead rested his head on the island like he couldn't hear. ' Buckley?' cap tried again but received nothing and turned to me.

I shook my head with a small smile playing on my lips as I danced around cap to wash my hands, 'he reminds me of Chris when he was two, he must be tired' I say as Chim laughs at the first remark cap shaking his head and handing me a plate of fruit as I make my way to an island stool between Chim and sleeping beauty. Buck starred at it for a bit before his sleeve was caught by his teeth as it lay across his cheek propping his head up 'maybe he's too tired to tell he's hungry' I add looking to cap who thought for a second before turning to the cabinet and handing me a bowl and I situated some blackberries and blueberries into it seating it in front of him but it became clear we had to bait this astronaut from outer space first, 'pops, any ideas' I ask not just addressing bobby, 'I Have one' Chim said pushing buttons on the phone with a new purpose in mind and a Flint of mischief in his eyes he turned his phone to us and pressed play on a video 'bu-bu-bubble gupy-gup-guppies bubble bubble bu-' 'hn' buck respond looking for the show and looking around, 'Hey kid' Cap announced and gained his attention 'hi?' buck answered finally dropping the sleeve 'You hungry?' bobby asked in a stern and caring way only he could, I pick up the bowl and set it back In Front of him as bobby points his head to direct him to it ' thanks' he mutters as his right shirt arm now fashioned in drool is reacclimating to reach the contents and me and Chim making home in the plater but soon buck set the bowl to the side barely touched.