CH 4 Its ok to be small

(Sorry)

(Not sorry)
(Tw: gun violence, child abuse, and grief)

There's a reason for everything. Some really great people hardly know what it's like to be around people like them before they have been broken so much they don't believe anyone would be nice to them.

Buck is some really great people. Always putting others before himself because he never learned how to put himself first without being in the wrong, even if he was the only one who saw it that way.

His life was hell before he met Emiliano, and when he did he was the idea that hope existed and the reason he didn't believe all at the same time...

"Hide here bird!!!!"

"But..???!!??!?"

"No,..... hey no its okay"

"N...no. J-just let them take me.. I can't be the reason they hurt you too"

"Please Emy"

"You deserve the world birdy! And I want you to live long enough to find someone who can give that to you"

"MOM PLEASE"

"DAD I'LL COME HOME, I'll be good ju-just please"don't kill him too

*Sound of a gun cocking*

Buck shoots up in terror. The ghost of a scream at his lips, but he had learned long ago that the action would bring more pain than comfort.

"Hey buck? Man you alright?" His friend asked.

The sound of eddies voice calming him and breaking his heart at the same time.
All he could do was stare at his face in response, briefly registering of the very familiar tune playing in the background.

"Backpack backpack, backpack back-"

Bucks POV

Shit

"What time is it?"

"It's twenty minutes till we leave and we would still be over two hours early" Eddie answered sarcastically

"Sorry"

"For what? Insisting on being an insanely nice person? Well don't be. We need more people like you in the world"

I stared at him for a bit more before turning to the cartoons on my tv, a welcome distraction from the terror that nightmare was.
And hoping Eddie would not bring it up.

" hey. Let's get going, we can pick up some coffee on the way over so that we aren't the firsts to go to sleep"

"Isn't the whole point of a sleep over to- you know sleep"

"Has Chris taught you nothing!??!" Eddie asked incredulously

"Is that why he is so stubborn at bedtime"

"That is beside the point grandpa, you stay up to do fun things all night"

That sounds-

"Let's go!"

"That's the spirit!!!" Eddie shouts standing up while clapping buck on the shoulder. Not forgetting to turn off the television.

A sneak peek 🫣