late night walks

the black boy was walking around the castle like always. it was past curfew and he was wandering the halls, not expecting to run into someone. the stranger bumbed to the ground with a groan and screeching from the floor but quickly stood up, firmly gripping regulus' arm and dragging him into a closet with herself. with an raised eyebrow and tilted head, he looked at the intruder. it was a pretty girl.

she had brown hair which were reaching her shoulders and brown eyes, glistening in the candle light. she had a soft green sweater on and around her neck was a headphone. her long legs were covered i. blue jeans, on her thighs it was skin tight and it was getting looser near her feet.

the girl moved a finger up to her lips, gesturing to him to be quiet. soon, loud echoing footsteps could be heard. they stopped right in front of the closet the pair was in and the brown eyed pressed her eyes shut, instinctively tightened her grip on the poor boy's arm. when the steps slowly faded into the silence of the castle, the girl sighed and let go of regulus' muscle.

the closet was small so their bodies were really close to each other which they just started to realize. heavy panting filled the room. a soft sound escaped the door as a head was leaned against it.

„care to explain?", regulus asked with a cold voice as always. his long fingered hands were still gripping onto the candle tightly, which was their only source of light.

„what should i explain?", the girl snapped back, cocking an eyebrow. she touched the cold door handle which sent goosebumps up her spine, and twisted it, opening the door. she went outside, dropping to the floor while leaning against the wall. her head was buried in her hands and her eyes shut closed.

regulus inspected her intensely, curious on what was happening.
„why were you running"
„none of your business."

after a long pause of just looking at the student who was sitting comfortably on the floor he had asked her for her name.
„allura. yours?"
„not important. now tell me, why where you running."
„not important", the girl mocked.

giving her one last glare, regulus turned on his heels and headed wherever he was planning on going. heaving her head with a soft groan, she tried to open her eyes which were aching for some unknown reason. she looked after the tall boy as he disappeared into the darkness. he had left his candle next to allura, what a sweet act, she thought. with a sigh she stood up with a dizzy head. she firmly grabbed her head and pressed against the wall with the other hand. when her vision stopped spinning, she bend down, took the light source and made her way out of the castle.

she was on some kind of balcony and admired the view. grabbing into her pocket, she pulled out a pack of cigarettes from which she took one. the candle rested on the floor next to her feet. allura had lightened herself a cigarette and had  inhaled the nicotine. she loved the silence in her head whenever she'd take a drag of it. it was part of her routine by now.

almost every night she'd sneak out of her dorm after curfew and explore the school. allura loved it. the adrenaline kick when she'd almost get caught or when she found some new, interesting place to kill her time. sometimes though, she would just creep into a corner with a notebook and a book, enjoying the silence. but sometimes silence was not good for her. her mind would be full of voices who'd tell her many crazy things. once, it had gotten so bad that she cuddled into her bed, scratching her scalp with her fingernails until it bled. she had screamed for them to stop, begged them but they would not. she put on her headphones and turn up the volume until the music was louder than her thoughts and had trailed off to sleep.

as she exhaled the smoke, water drops started tickling on her forehead and damping her messy hair. she bend to the railing, resting her elbows there as she took in the scent of the rain. she closed her eyes and stomped out her cigarette. running a hand through her hair, she pushed herself off of the balcony and stepped inside.