poetry

„you have any plans for today?", the boy asked the girl.
„why, you wanna ask me out on a date?", allura said sarcastically, already knowing the answer.
„actually, i wanted to ask you if you'd help me with DADA. we could meet up in the library, if you want to.you absolutely dont have to..", jake offered and they had halted once again. evetine nudged him and chuckled.
„i would love to help you, you know that", she replied.
„okay, we can go a few hours before dinner and then head there."
„sounds like a plan to me."
the boy scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.
„is there something i should know about, jake anderson?"
„what?? no, look its just... i will tell you later, promise", he sighed.
„if you say so..", the girl winked one last time before she disappeared to her usual spot.

it was next to a window on a path where nobody went along, because it was in the outer parts of the castle. she made herself comfortable and enjoyed the sunlight that was directly shining into her face. her eyes closed, she visualized herself somewhere more cozy, a reality with no such cruelty and overall, better.

she had a free period which she used to write into her notebook. sometimes she wrote poems in it, sometimes she drew. she had received headphones, a muggle invention, to her birthday by jake. he said that he also got one and that she couldnt pass on it.

allura loved music. she herself played piano, part because she was forced to, but part because it brought her joy. she hadnt played it for a long time, due to her not getting her head out of books. her best friend was actually worried about her, she would just close herself into her little world and lock out her problems. sometimes he wished to do the same, in the past, the duo had sat down with each of them a book in their hands, and just read. jake yawned after a few hours and fell asleep but allura just stayed up all night. her mind couldnt allow her to rest before she did not know how the book ends.

she was yanked out of her thoughts when she felt someone's gaze on her body. she looked up, seeing regulus. he was looming in the shadows, looking at the girl for god knows how long. as he realized that he had been caught, he held eye contact for a while before just looking away and walked away after a while. allura furrowed her brows in confusion, what the hell, she thought. shrugging, she looked at the clock and sighed loudly. her free period was reaching its end and she collected her things before walking to her next class.

_________________________________

„OI! what the fuck?"
„you talk to much", the girl shrugged her shoulders. she had pinched him because that was the only way she could make him shut up. allura tried to stop him but he wouldnt stop talking about that certain girl, ashley parker. since ashley had thrown a apple pie right into his face, he had been fantasizing about parker.
at first, he was planing his revenge but as he dipped deeper into the girls life, he had fallen in love with her. he was running after her like a lost puppy and the only person who could listen to jake's crush on ashley was obviously allura. sometimes, she thought that it's cute but sometimes, she just wanted to push him out of the astronomy tower.

they were coming back from the library and made their way to the great hall. while jake was trailing off, the girl just listened half heartedly. she had a bored expression in her face but as her eyes met the mysterious boy, regulus black, she furrowed her brows instinctively. by now, it had become a habit. again, the black boy held eye contact, but allura couldnt read his face. she is very skilled at reading someone like an open book. but no matter how hard she tried, she couldnt get past his mask. he, also had a friend by his side who was talking to him, exactly like jake, but neither of them listened. instead, they sunk into each others eyes, from afar.

the evetine girl didn' t know why she always found him, no matter where they were. by now, the anderson boy and allura had already sat down on their usual place on the slytherin table.

„are you listening to me?", jake asked while running his hand in front of her face, pulling her out of her mind.
„yea, sorry i just..dozed off."
the girl rested her elbows on the table and closed her eyes, rubbing them with her thumb and index finger.
„whatever you say. have you seen black? he has been staring at you for an eternity", the boy said dramatically changing his voice.
she opened her eyes again, searching the black's. he was glaring at her, not even blinking and after a while, evetine looked away.allura simply rolled her eyes and dugged into her food.
„shut up and eat your food. and dont think i havent seen parker and you eye fucking."
the boy went silent, without a word he also enjoyed his meal.

later that evening, the duo played chess. both of them were magnificent. two good players, a wonderful exciting game. jake ended up winning, throwing his arms into the air and making a sound that should symbolize his joy.
„well played",the boy once again reached out his hand for her to shake.
she did that, smirking.
„how does it feel to lose, evetine"
„how does it feel to win for the first time against
me?"
„come on, i deserved it."
„indeed. i am going to go up to the astronomy tower this night. you can come with me, if you want to."
„as much as i love spending time with you, i am invited on a party, sorry.", the boy said with an apologizing expression.
„it's okay. have fun."
„thank you, miss."

allura got up, excusing herself before retiring to her dormitory. apparently, there was a party for god knows what. slytherins love to party and use every opportunity. of course, she wouldnt go, she couldnt miss on her late night walks, could she?

pocketing her cigarettes and wand, she sneaked out of the common room. she was the only one outside the castle, she thought. the halls which were normally crowded with hundreds of students were now completely empty. the wind rushed through her hair, making it flow and cool down her body temperature. allura enjoyed the fresh air but couldnt handle but feel...watched. to not attract any attention, she walked over to a tree and rested her body against the tree trunk. slowly, she inspected her surrounding.

she threw her head into her hands and inhaled, filling her lungs with oxygen. she started walking again, jumping over a few stones which were lying on the floor and she tried not to step into mud and dirt her new converse. she considered going into the forbidden forest, but after hearing the howls she quickly forgot about it.

she stood in front of the astronomy tower and slowly approached it. she could swear, someone was following her. with steady steps she climbed up the staircase. there was a view point from where you could see the many stars and the moon. she sat down onto the dusty, wooden floor and waited. she watched the stars and the moon, thinking about her life. she waited hours and hours, waiting for something. at the end, with a clear mind she lighted herself a cigarette. it's a bad habit, she knows that and she also knows that she should quit smoking but no matter how often she tries, the need for nicotine always gets the better of her.

while allura is smoking, she is not aware of the eyes that are following every single move of her, until something makes a load noise. her head snaps to where it came from. she assumed it came from the higher part of the tower.

author's note

i dont know what to think about this. i am trying to improve my dialogues, tho i am not sure if they're good. please comment and vote, and if i should have any grammar or other mistakes, i'd be happy to correct them.

...1411words