/Underestimation\9/Augustus POV\

(Date- 27/9/22)

Almost 2 months have went by, the portals keep failing but the more they failed the closer they got to success. He was excited to see his father, his HAS members...Matt. Gus enjoyed swimming in water that didn't boil. Luz taught them how to swim and he was thrilled to.

The beach air swished around them as seagulls cried. Gus splashed in the shallow waters with Willow and Hunter. He played tag with the two, he constantly fell in the waves and just laughed it off. Camilla was on the sand painting Amity's nails while talking to her. Vee and Luz built sandcastles, Vee constantly running back and forth to collect water and shells. Gus saw a fish and put his goggles on. He dove into the current, trying to grasp the fish, which he was successful and he lifted it up by its tail as it flailed and popped him in the arm, causing Gus to drop it as Hunter and Willow hobbled over. Willow grabbed Gus' shoulders, "Gus! Are you okay?" Hunter grabbed Gus' arm and looked at it as it bled, "Gus? Are you okay?" Hunter flipped his arm over and touched the scratch causing Gus to flinch in pain. Hunter laughed and picked up Gus and began to walk towards the shore for a bandaid. Willow followed as Gus dramatically put his uninjured arm over his head, "Oh Hunter I don't think I'll make it!" Hunter hauled him to shore as Camilla set the nailpolish down and walked over the trio. Amity looked over at them as she sat chris-crossed, "What happened to him?" Hunter set him down as Camilla dug through her med kit. Willow sat down next to Amity, drying off with an Animal Crossing towel, "A fish attacked him." Amity began dying, as Willow gave her a blank expression.

Gus began to run back toward the ocean as he felt Luz stop him, "I wouldn't go back in the ocean. Your hurt." Gus laughed, "I'm fine it's just a scratch. I've dealt with worse, the fish in the Isles would tear you open!" He turned as Hunter stopped him as well, "She's right, you keep falling and getting salt water in your eyes." Gus sighed. That's what they have been doing, condescending me and underestimating me. It's not fair I talked to Amity and she said they're just trying to keep me safe. Gus stormed off angrily. He stomped over to Camilla and Amity and sat down on a towel. He sat, sulking. It's not fair I just wanted to be treated like them, it's not my fault I'm 12!

Gus put his head on his hands and began to cry, I miss them...everything and everyone. Dad, the isles, Matty...why is everything so hard. I just wanna be loved and appreciated. I'm smart but I act so stupid, I just want to see Matt again. His thoughts went in a continuous loop. It stopped on Mattholomule, Oh my Titan I miss him, please I just wanna go home back into his embrace. Ugh I hate him but oh my Titan how I love his stupid loser personality. Amity began to walk over to him and sat under the palm tree with him and sat in silence. Amity picked up a rock and tossed it over the sand and sighed, "Are you okay Gus?" She put her hand on his shoulder. Gus wiped his tears and looked at her as she pulled him into a hug. Gus began to contemplate the hug and was about to fall into the hug when he heard Amity say, "You know we just want to keep you safe, right?" Gus immediately pulled away, "Safe? This whole week you all have been nothing but condescending and underestimating to me! I can handle pain, I just want to be treated like you 5 and not some stupid bisexual 12 year old. I am not having any fun here." He turned away from Amity's surprised face. Amity rested her hand on his back, "Y-You're bi?" Gus spit on the sand and threw his hands up dramatically, "Surprise, I'm bisexual. Thought my crush on Matt would've gave it away." Amity pulled Gus into another embrace, "I'm sorry. I'll talk to the others to stop being condescending and overprotective." She got up, dusted sand off of her and walked over to the others.

Apologies spread like wildfire, he forgave them and did come out to all of them, "Listen. I am bi, I liked Bria and I like Matt. So..."  Vee interrupted them by grabbing Gus' hand and dragging him towards the ocean. The warm salty sand kicked behind him as he raced towards the sea. Vee laughed as Gus wiped away the rest of his tears and laughed as the group chased after the two. He jumped leapt into the deep water as Vee let go of his hand. He missed Matt but this...this was something that could hold him off for now. For now

The beach was fun, the group went back to the hotel as the sun began to set. He dried off and changed from his swimsuit into a t-shirt and shorts and tucked his shirt into his shorts. He tied the drawstrings as he picked up his fanny pack and tied it around his waist. He looked in him, Hunter's, and Willow's room. He dug through stuff until he found his casual shirt and unfolded it, inside of it was a hoodie. Matt's hoodie.
Matt and Gus walked down the school hallway, practically holding hands. The two talked about illusions class and then subtly changed the subject, "-why does Boscha always wear the most extra jackets, like no one cares your grudgeby team captain-" Matt interrupted and began to dig through his bag,"That reminds me, here. It's an old hoodie, it doesn't fit me anymore and I don't really like this shade of blue. I used to wear it all the time if you couldn't tell." Gus took the hoodie and held it up. He stuck it in his shirt and hugged Matt.
He missed Matt. A lot. He grabbed the hoodie and dusted dirt off of it, he put it on over his head and it gave him a soft feeling of warmth. He missed him and could not stress it enough. He walked over to the door and put his hand on the doorknob and felt a piece of paper crinkle in his pocket of the hoodie. He stuck his hand it it and it was a handwritten letter from Matt, along with a taped photo of the two at the Graveyard. He peeked out the room and saw the group laughing and tucked back in. He sighed and unfolded the paper and it read,
                                                      12/7/22
  Augustus Porter,
Hey man, I'm glad you wore this hoodie. I was really considering getting rid of it when I realized  you said something about needing hoodies. Holy Titan I have way to many so you can have my favorite one! You better like it because I really like it. I'm kinda glad you're my friend, you really know how to turn jerks like me into...decent people. Ehh I'll still be a jerk to some people tho. I kind of want you to stay in my life forever, don't leave. I would be torn apart if you left where I couldn't find you. You are R̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶w̶e̶s̶o̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶l̶u̶c̶k̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶e̶n̶j̶o̶y̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶G̶r̶a̶v̶e̶y̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶p̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶.̶Cool. Come to my house this weekend?

    Matt Tholomule

Woah he can actually write, Gus looked at the date again and teared up. July twelfth...that same Friday that he wanted to meet up with me...the Day of Unity. He walked out the room after he stuck the note in his bag. He took the picture walked up to Willow, who was gluing her picture in the scrapbook. Gus held the photo and walked up to her as she looked at him with curiosity. Gus gave her the photo along with a teal gay heart and bi heart, "Could you...glue it..."Willow chuckled and took it and began to glue it down. Gus walked onto the balcony and stared at the stars and swore he saw a couple floating up. Gus sighed, I'm getting back if it's the last thing I do Matty...and dad.

WOWIE 2 CHAPTERS IN 1 DAY PHEW IMA GO ZZZ I WILL TRY TO KEEP IT UP. AND APPARENTLY MATT IS A LITTLE BIT OF A SIMP 😔(it's okay cuz Gus is too)

«1464 Words»