Chapter 4: Comfort

Ever since his visit, Nathalie didn't get into any akumatizations yet Hawkmoth started seeing her more and more. They became close friends or even more. He told her about his wife, that she has disappeared and he is terrorising a city for her.

One day, Nathalie didn't show up at the Agreste mansion which made Gabriel worry. He decided to visit her again.

Normally, that wouldn't have been a problem, but he ran into something unexpected. She didn't open the window and the curtains were also drawn in front of the window. Like she had left. He opened the window and he couldn't find her there. The apartment was lifeless. He went back to the balcony. He heard soft sobs from the other side of the roof. He found Nathalie there. She was alone. Her makeup was blurred and her face was red.

'Oh my... What happened?' - the villain thought. It was terrifying to see a confident and emotionless woman crying there.

'What happened my dear?'- he asked innocently. He had no idea what could be the thing that can make her cry like that.

'Nothing, I'm fine!'- she answered back.

Come on dear, both of us knows you're not fine.'- he begged -' You can tell me anything!'

'Just a tough day, nothing more.'- she muttered.

'Was it Gabriel?'- he asked unsurely. He doesn't remember anything.

'As you know, the fashion week is in less than a month and we still have a lot to prepare. And normally that means twice more work for me and three times as much nervousness for Gabriel. I would lie if I told you I got used to it.'- the woman said in tears - Today was no different.

And the worst thing is, how should I look Gabriel in the eyes? After t-t-that I left...'

'Dear, if Gabriel does anything to you, because of your leaving, I will teach him a lesson.'

'N-NO!'-she objected.

'You're cute when you fight back, you know?'- the charming villain flirted which caused her to blush harder -'Nathalie, I wanted to ask you something, would you like to go out with me?'- he asked.

'I-I don't know what to s-say, I-I mean you have a wife, don't you?'- she didn't understand -'Besides, I-I love someone else...

Hawkmoth his face became serious.

'Who is he?'- he asked furiously -'ANSWER, NOW!'- he shouted at her without thinking. She didn't answered him that made him more angry. He opened his mouth to speak but Nathalie shouted back.

'IT'S GABRIEL AGRESTE! AND I KNOW IT'S inappropriate and I am not supposed to love him but...'- a tear fell from her eye.

Hawkmoth couldn't believe what he just heard. His crush also loves him or not Gabriel. But he can't love her as Gabriel! It is inappropriate and he can't put her into such a situation. So, he needs to make her love Hawkmoth! Yes, that's the solution!

'Look, I am sorry for earlier. I didn't mean to scare you, I have serious anger issues. Pleas dear, stop crying.'- he calmed her -'Come, let's go in and rest. You need it.'