[4] - MINE

All those times that you didn't leave
It's been occurring to me
I'd like to hang out with you
For my whole life

☆ ☆ ☆

"Are we still going separately?" Harshad asked on the phone as he was getting ready for tonight's party, which he had literally no interest in going but was forced to attend because of his girlfriend.

"Do we have any other option?" Pranali asked as she was finding it hard to apply a perfect wing eyeliner.

"Yes, I can pick you, and then we can go together." Harshad replied, knowing well how much Pranali hates the media attention, and that was the main reason Harshad and her both decided to keep this relationship secret so that she can be comfortable.

"And what about the paps?" Pranali immediately grew concerned, sensing how serious Harshad was sounding at the moment.

"P, we can't hide this forever, right? I mean, I know the consequences, but still....nevermind. I'll meet you at the entrance. Won't be going inside without you." He muttered the last sentence before hanging up, and Pranali couldn't help but laugh at his childish behaviour.

It was almost twenty minutes since Harshad had arrived at the party, but he was still standing outside the venue waiting for his lady love to arrive, who was taking a little too much time than usual.

He was now getting both impatient and tired while posing for the paparazzi since 20 minutes, and the media persons thought that it was their good day today that Harshad was willing to pose for them for so long.

"She's here. She's here. Pranali's here." He heard one of the photographers yelled on the top of his lung as he hurriedly took off to take her pictures.

Knowing how overwhelmed and uncomfortable Pranali gets when it comes to paparazzi, Harshad quickly jumped in to save her as he got through the crowd of photographers. His arm automatically grasped her waist in a protective manner as he pulled her closer to himself.

"You didn't go inside." Pranali asked him in a low voice while passing wide smiles to the paps as they took their photos.

"Told you I'll be waiting." He whispered in her ear, and she smiled, looking at him, giving away a perfect picture for fans to gush about later.

A few laughs here and there as they posed for a few more photographs while blushing over the compliments thrown at then by the paparazzi, which made it hard for them to pretend that they were just 'bestfriends'.

It was a few minutes later when Harshad finally got to look at Pranali fully, and he was awe-struck at the woman standing in front of him. She was wearing a knee-length black tight skirt, which she paired up with a white flared blouse. Her hair was in loose curls with a subtle amount of makeup done.

"You look beautiful!" He raised his eyebrows and shook his head as he complimented her while Pranali smiled at him.

They both entered the party hand in hands and were met with plenty of familiar faces as they greeted them before going towards their 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' family. Karishma was quick to steal Pranali away from Harshad as he frowned at her.

"Don't mind. But I'm taking her now." Karishma told Harshad with a smile as she took Pranali towards the dance floor among their other friends.

"Pranali seems like her girlfriend rather than mine." Harshad mumbled, which didn't go unnoticed by Mayank.

"Don't get jealous over two best friends, dude." Mayank laughed, earning a glare from Harshad.

"I'm not jealous. It's just that I hate how open Karishma can be with Pranali, and I can't. I wanna claim her like that, too." Harshad sat down in a defeated manner, and Mayank sat beside him as he placed a hand on his shoulder in order to console him.