[6] - DELICATE

Is it cool that I said all that? Is it chill that you're in my head?

Akshara Kartik Goenka, born into the Goenka family. The richest in town. Despite being dominant over a whole community, Goenkas were known for their generosity and down to Earth nature, especially Akshara Goenka. The youngest member of the family was known for her kindness towards both the elders and the children. Being born in a family with a golden spoon, she didn't have a single ounce of pride and ego in her. She was a real-life princess, and her father had always made sure she was treated like one.

Sitting in front of the mirror, she traced the kohl over her waterline. Her eyes shut close for a few seconds, preventing the water from escaping from her eyes caused by the sensitivity of her eyes. She applied baby pink lipstick over her lips before smudging it a bit with her fingers and applying whatever was left of the pink shade on her cheeks, giving herself a nice, natural blush. Her pink anarkali complemented her subtle makeup as she looked in the mirror with a satisfied smile on her face.

"Akshu baba?" She heard a knock on her door, causing her to turn around. She nodded her head, signalling her Ramesh kaka to enter her room.

"Sir is waiting for you at the dining table. He's getting late, and you know he never starts breakfast without you." Ramesh kaka informed her, and she shook her head at her father's stubbornness.

"Uff, papa is really too much sometimes." Akshara chuckled before standing up and moving towards the exit of room with Ramesh kaka.

"He just loves you too much." Ramesh kaka reminded her, earning a generous smile from her as they both headed downstairs towards the dining hall.

"Morning, papa. Maa." Akshara greeted her parents before taking a seat beside her father.

"Good morning, mera bacha." Kartik placed a gentle kiss on the top of her head before giving her hair a ruffle.

"Everyone left already?" Akshara asked as she couldn't find her bade papa, badi maa, or any of her siblings or cousins at the dining table.

"Jee, because this papa ki princess clearly doesn't know the p of punctuality." Naira taunted while Akshara looked at her father with a sad face, asking him to save her.

"Naira. Don't talk to my daughter like that." Kartik warned, taking his daughter's side while Akshara chuckled silently.

"Shutup." Naira groaned, startling the father-daughter duo. "And eat your breakfast. You're already getting late." She said before leaving the place and walking upstairs.

"Papa, I actually wanted to talk to you about something. You know...

"Akshu, not again. We've already talked about it. You're not going out of town. You're not going to Mumbai." Kartik said in a stern tone. He hated being harsh on his daughter, but at the same time, he was the most concerned about her safety.

"Papa, please. I've never asked something from you this desperately. We have such a beautiful cafe there. I want to make it functional. Please, Papa. I promise I'll keep you updated. I want to do something for myself." Akshara grasped her father's hand in her while she continued pleading.

"I know we are well off, and you think I don't need to work and stuff, but I want to be independent. I want to work. Please, Papa." Tears started brimming in her eyes, something her father hated the most.