4 : Aditya

TIME : 11:30 P.M.

The Car glided back to Delhi, on the NH, carrying 7 occupants.

Aditya sat in the backseat, his eyes, face and entire body subdued, his palms joined together on his knees.

Preetha and Kunal watched Him from the opposite seat with interest.

Aryan and Imlie turned around from the middle seats to check on Aditya.

Imlie : "Aditya Ji, what happened ?"

Aryan : "For how long were you lying unconscious there ?"

Aditya : "I .... actually ... for a long time ... I think."

Kunal : "A Long Time ? And Nobody noticed you ?"

Preetha : "What's wrong with People these days."

Aryan : "Aditya Ji, where is Your Home ?"

Aditya : "I am from Delhi itself, I came to Raniket View Point for a hike. I come here every year in this date for the past 7 Years."

Imlie : "Wow ! Must be something really special ! 😃"

Aditya : "Well .... Ummm.... For the first 3 years, I used to hike here with ... My Girlfriend ... And .... She passed away in the 5th Year ... We were in the final year of our Master's.... And... for the past 2 years ... I used to visit here alone ... On Her Death Anniversary ... "

Imlie felt stunned at the commitment, though she also felt that She was imagining a false tone in Aditya's Voice. Huh ! Obviously ! He wouldn't be too vulnerable with them.

What would She feel if She was to lose Aryan like that ?

NO.

She turned around as She felt Aryan's gaze on Her. His tight clasp on Her palm told her that He was thinking along the same lanes.

Arpita : "You are so strong, Aditya Ji. She is one lucky woman."

Aditya : "Nah. I was the lucky one. She was .... just ... amazing ... We used to be friends since we were kids ... Our Families knew each other.... And She was beautiful - curly mass of hair, dimpled cheeks, a full smile, kind eyes, a sweet girl in total ... anyway, She is in a better place now."

Kunal : "Man, that is rough."

Kunal reached forward to pat Aditya.

Aditya withdrew suddenly.

'That was weird.' Aryan thought to himself, as He noted the gesture.

'Maybe he just does not like being touched. You're reading too much into this - the guy is grieving his lost childhood sweetheart - girlfriend on her 2nd death anniversary ffs.' Aryan affirmed himself.

Aditya : "Nope. I am alright. Today is Her 2nd Death Anniversary. She passed away while we were returning from the hike .... It was a Car Accident."

Preetha : "As in ... right here on this NH ?"

Aditya : "Ji."

A chill passed down Aryan's spine as He stiffened at this.

Imlie felt Him stiffen, and gazed up at His eyes, reflecting confusion.

*****************************