Chapter 2

I swung open the door of 'Macey's_Fun to Bake'. More like fun to eat. Yes, baking had become a passion ever since I won a cookiing competition in middle school. But wearing an apron and getting paid to bake for others wasn't exactly my idea of an idealistic early career. It was 12 noon__a Sunday. Most importantly the last one before term started and meeting up with friends one last time at the beach before the torture began.  And here I was, counting cash in the cash register. 

Why was I working anyway? Because I did not want to pester my dad by asking him for money even though he was wealthy. Or because everytime I saw him sulking in his den, I felt guilty and depressed. Every time I was in his presence, his aura of depression gave me shudders. But Icared for him and I loved him. I was just trying to figure out how to make him move on in life. I had been four when my mom had died so I did not have too many memories with her. But now that she wasn't here anymore, I needed him___and he didn't realize that.

"Hello! I'm talking to you Dreamy Brunette!"

I saw a hand wave in front of my face and felt a pang of annoyance. 

Great. I was growing deaf now. 

"Yeah?", I blurted. "You want another sundae do you?"

I looked up and was stunned.

Actually stunned won't be the right word for it. I was petrified.

As I was staring he suddenly jerked his head to move his hair; it caught the light and the golden gleam camaflouged in the dark brown nearly blinded me. His hair itself was each thread falling perfectly, weaving together into curls that framed his tanned face jsut forming a brim aroound his sapphire eyes that met mine.

"Hey! I don't know why you're so mad at me but___are you even breathing?"

"Uh..yeah_I'm fine." I ran my fingers through my hair. They were a mess. It looked like every specie of the Amazon rainforest had been nesting in it. Why did I not make them presentable enough? In fact why did I not brush them. Otherwise they'e my best feature. Ughhhh!!! 

"You look like you could take a day off. I'm new here but there's something I know about you Californians. You never skulk especially on day at the beach. Anyway...I was just asking for a         napkin because I accidentally dropped some icecream on my shirt."

I looked at his shirt shaping his abs, blue__the colour of his eyes. I saw the mark and was jsut about to go and get some napkins when he said: 

"And I thought only hot blondes were dumb. I didn't know that pretty brunettes could share some traits with them too." He walked out as I stood there motionless trying to recall each and every word he had said to me in my mind.

Had he just called me dumb? No one ever said I was dumb. I could be anything else. But dumb.

Oh wait...did he say I was a 'pretty brunette'.  My heart grew wings and was fluttering about.

Stop Lily. He's just a guy. Calm down. Plus he looks like the flirty sort. Today with you at the beach, tomorrow with another. 

Sighing, I turned around only to bump into Rebecca.

"Easy girl. You just made me drop two pastries from the tray," she said.

With a dark complexion and African hair, Rebecca was Rebecca.

Yeah, I thought.

She looked up at me and saw my expression__undescribable expression.

"Wow, you need a break girl. Go home. Zack dropped in yesterday. You need to go to college tomorrow. You could use a day for preparation.

"I'm fine. Just that..."

"Woah!", she cut in. "Don't worry about this place. I'll cover up for you. Just leave."

Sighing. I hung my apron and left. 

Yes, I did need to prepare for tomorrow.

_________________________________________________________________________

Hey ppl!!!

Hope you liked this chapter...it will get more interesting. I will have to add the conditions in the beginning so don't get too bored. Plus this chapter is pretty much full of action. Now that you have Lily's picture in your mind...