CHAPTER FIVE

LAST CHAPTER! <3

          It's been about three days since that amazing cleanup experience. I actually fell in love with Corporal. I mean, Levi. I noticed it all. His, well, everything! It's like I put on Naomi's eyes and I can see clearly through my fucked up mind, finally.

            I'm missing yet another 'Titan Killing Spree' and someone has to volunteer yet again to stay with me. I sat down at the Mess Hall, while every Corps member just looked at me. Suddenly, Armin raised his hand. "I will stay with (Nickname), this time, sir!"

            Commander Erwin nodded and motioned everyone to leave. It was pouring outside, but for some reason the Titans were active today. They moved out. Erwin patted Armin on the shoulder before he ran off. "Thank you, Armin."

            I was still sitting, staring at Armin. "You didn't have to do that," I said. "I can take care of myself." He grinned and messed around with his sleeves.

            "You're my friend. I would risk my life for you, but... I hate the rain, so," he said. I laughed and turned to face the right way on the long table, looking at the other long tables ahead and the wall about ten yards away from me. He sat down next to me and sighed. "It's all my fault."

            "About what?"

            "Leaving you there, and splitting the squad up. I should have just let you come with me and your legs or life wouldn't have been in danger."

            "Armin, it isn't your fault! I was the one being clumsy and actually being so clueless to actually take down that thing. It was my choice to put my life at risk."

            "No it wasn't you—"

            "Armin," I whispered, touching his shoulder. "You're okay. Trust me." After that, he nodded and silently thanked me.

                                                                      ~~~~

The whole time, Armin and I talked, he put on his long blue cardigan on, which I thought looked adorable on him, and it reminds me of a little kid going to elementary school. We discussed things such as life (obviously) and the end of humanity, but we abandoned that subject and moved on to the future when the wretched Humanoid Creatures will be gone... at least that's what we planned. My leg didn't feel any better, just tight and itchy in the cast.

For some reason, at times I caught myself thinking about Levi. It was really weird and yet another time again, I thought I was going crazy. I actually introduced and literally let myself in the Boy Drama World. It's going to be real complicated. Seriously. The Corps didn't come back until about two or one day later, and the good thing was that we didn't lose anyone. Commander said the Titans were unusually not 'hungry for humans' in the rain. Another clue found from Hanji, because she studies Titan-ology. And she is pretty damn near genius. It was bright daylight when they arrived, but their boots were muddy, uniforms wet, and capes just completely soaked. I helped Akemi, the girl that volunteered to take care of the wash. We clipped the capes up on a clothes rack outside so they can air out. As for the boots, we let it sit there for later. The uniforms were already cleaned, thanks to our brilliant skills. They were hung to dry with the capes. It was the least I could do when I didn't even go on the Killing Spree.

            "(Name)," a familiar voice said. I turned around to see Erwin, looking at me like I was about to be a next victim.

            "Yes, sir?"