Basking under the moonlight, The Princess has a visitor...

Thank you to everyone who's liked and read my fanfic so far! I love youuu!! <3 

Shoutout to a special friend who constantly gives me support: 

ShaerriSagacious

.

.

Key:

Bold: emphasis

Slanted: thoughts

.= squiggles!

.

.

.

.

.

She stood up, ready to go inside, until a deep voice suddenly spoke up.

"Boo."

Athanasia whipped her head around.

"GAH! Who's there?"

Low chuckling could be heard as the shadowy figure stepped out and revealed itself...

Raven black hair whipped in the wind as a red eyed young man smirked at Athanasia. He stepped closer to her and leaned on the edge of the balcony next to her as he lifted an arm up to prop his chin and look at her.

"Lucas what are you doing here?" Athanasia asked in a slightly rude, but joking manner.

"Why? Is there something wrong about wanting to see the precious princess's face?" Lucas glanced away but then looked back quickly as he continued to speak. "You've been so busy that I hardly see even a glimpse of you around your palace."

He suddenly stopped smirking and had a serious look on his face, he seemed genuinely concerned for once, which took Athanasia by surprise.

He continued in a low voice as he looked down, "You should take care of yourself and stop overworking yourself."

He turned to face her, carefully observing her delicate features as she looked out into the distance, seemingly lost in thought. His brows furrowed the longer he looked.

He lifted his hand up and slowly cupped Athanasia's cheek. Her eyes widened at the gesture and a small blush spread across her face. Lucas's cheeks seemed to also warm, as he looked away from her and pursed his lips in embarrassment.

"You have bags under your eyes..."

He continued slowly, as Athanasia listened intently at his words.

"..."

"You're already ugly, don't make yourself even more detestable."

"WHAT?!"

WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!

Athanasia thought to herself. She glared at him and slapped his hand away.

I can't believe I thought he was comforting me, ugh! The jerk!

Athanasia continued to shout curses in her head as Lucas gave her an awkward smile, looking apologetic but insincere at the same time.

"If you're here to mock me then just leave." Athanasia said darkly. Hitting him on his arm, genuinely intending to hurt him.

Luckily, Lucas was already used to her wrath and dodged at the last second, turning his body sideways so that she only scraped his robes. Cold sweat ran down the side of his head as he looked at the fair-skinned but firm fist that occupied the space where his arm once was.