In the carriage, lingering memories surface

Key:

Bold: emphasis

Slanted: thoughts [or could just be for style, but it'll be fairly obvious if that's the case]

.= squiggles! <3

.

.

.

.

He leaned in closer to her and placed a light kiss on her forehead as he kept that unmoving smile of his. He jumped up onto the balcony and glanced behind him to take a peek at the now blushing mess he'd caused, before leaving. He puffed a laugh at the sight before disappearing into the night air, just as how he had came. Small blue particles seemed to have been left, lingering around the place where that sly man once stood.

A red princess was left there in awe.

"H-HUH??"

W-what the heck just happened?? Did...Lucas just- 

Athanasia flushed harder; her face alone glowing up the dimly lit balcony as it acted as a reliable light source. She looked down, her hand slowly patting the area the cheeky magician pecked. Her blush refused to go away as she started retreating back to her room, her body remembering the familiar feeling of fatigue once more. After she changed into her night gown, she sunk into her bed.

Only a few words left her exhaust-filled lips before she let go of her grasp on consciousness.

"Stupid...Lucas..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

This is the end of the chapter! Sorry it's so short!!!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

JOKES LOL. SORRY. This is actually a time skip 🫢 [im sorry my humour is dead like this emoji ☠️] anyways...

Time skip to a few days:

It had been a few days since the cat-like magician had visited the Princess's Palace. Ever since then, Athanasia had continued working; remembering Lucas's soft words of comfort to help her keep going, but it also helped remind her to take a break once in a while. Although the man never actually visited throughout those few days, his essence lingered in Athanasia's room, seeming to constantly keep her company throughout her work. When she was engrossed in her writing and seemingly stuck in place, a warm embrace would surround her.

She would turn around to find nothing. 

There was nothing there, but still... 

When she closed her eyes, she could hear his voice calling out to her.