Chapter One- Tiger and Lion

Komir's POV

Komir darted through the streets of Concorba, Amaya, and took out his lock picks. He easily picked the lock on a door and darted in. He slipped into a shadow and snuck along the wall and took a bit of money for himself. He slipped out and relocked the door. He went back to darting down the street and made it to his Nectar ceremony. Four other kids were already there. Concorba was a big city after all. Komir droned out the words the Greencloaks said. He went back into the conversation as the Greencloak called his name. "Komir, receive the Nectar of Ninani." He drank, and was surprised by the flavor. It tasted like the ice cream sandwiches that a baker used to give him, but all melted into a liquid. Komir stepped back and almost instantly a white light struck on the platform. A beautiful black tiger with eyes as blue as a pebble less pond. Komir didn't hesitate to brush his hand along the magnificent animal's flank. "Obsidian. I'll name you Obsidian." Komir breathed to the tiger breathlessly. He had summoned a Spirit Animal after all. A man stepped out. "You are a chosen one. Come with me. My name is Jacob." Komir looked at him analyzing him. Komir soon realized that the man was telling the truth. "Alright." Komir said guardedly. Jacob handed him a horse and Obsidian bounded beside them as they headed toward Greenhaven. A few kids were already there. One was looking at an eagle that was flying above, a blonde girl named Ashley, another was calmingly talking to an orange lion, a brown haired boy named Tarin. another boy was talking to a gorilla, making hand signals at one another,  another blondie who's name was Josh, a girl with dark brown hair emerged from some undergrowth with a deer on her shoulders, and a leopard padding silently beside her, who goes by the name Rebecca, a short, black haired girl next to a snake introduced herself as Taylor, a chocolate brown haired boy with grey eyes named Alex sat next to a ram, and a boy named Tyson sat haughtily watching a salt-water crocodile that was in a pond. Komir introduced himself and started petting Obsidian. Tarin walked over and started talking to him, and Komir found that he was quiet and kind. He buried himself in the conversation with the other boy and soon they were friends.

Tarin's POV

Tarin was talking to a boy from Amaya, named Komir, and stopped chatting when Jacob finally stood up and said, "Olvan will talk to you now." and then started walking into the castle, leaving the kids to scramble after him, into a big office, with a big man sitting behind a desk, with a big moose also in the room. Tarin was still in shock that his Spirit Animal, Sunset, stood next to him. A lion! People couldn't summon lions, though, a kid named Kirat had summoned him. He instinctively put his hand into Sunset's fur. Sunset purred and leaned into him. "I see. Nice job finding them Jacob." Olvan said. It seemed that Jacob had already been there, talking to Olvan. Sunset walked over to Komir's tiger, Zhosar, and started some sort of cat interrogation. Olvan watched them carefully. Then said something none of them had expected. "I need you to find the talisman of the forgotten sixteenth Great Beast." Everybody just stared at him except Jacob who had a grim look on his face. "There is evidence that there is another Great Beast named Zhame (sha-mei). The Great Water Dragon. It's talisman is the Emerald Dragon. It is located in Zhong, and I have a friend for you to meet." A man stepped out of the shadows. Tarin gasped inwardly. It was a half ram half human abomination. Tarin glanced at Alex, and was surprised to see horror in his gaze while looking at his own Spirit Animal, a ram. "This is Stead, leader of the Redcloaks. He has the last talisman of the Great Beasts we have. The Platinum Elk." Tyson walked up and poked the Talisman with his finger and everyone crumpled in slow motion. Josh screamed in pain. When the hazy red film was gone, everyone was on the floor, groaning in pain.

Sorry this wasn't published yesterday, I wrote half of Tarin's POV but never finished it till today. Comment down below what you think of my first two chapters. Do you like the characters? I hope you will keep reading on. I know this is a long chapter though, I had a lot to say about Komir. His name is pronounced Ko-meer, btw.