Chapter Seven- Broken Bonds

Rebecca's POV

While traveling around, looking for a trail, that I found mind you, of the group of attackers, I stumbled upon a child, maybe twelve, watching a snake going crazy from a safe distance. I walked over and crouched beside him. "What's wrong?" I asked. "The leader of a gang from Concorba, known as the Third Devourer found a way to break Spirit Animal bonds with a small sapphire in the shape of a chameleon." Looks like there is a seventeenth Great Beast! I thought "Is that your Spirit Animal?" I asked him gently. "Yes. Ever since he touched Basil with it, she's been crazy and won't go into passive state anymore! She even tried to bite me!" With that last sentence, he started sobbing. I walked back to the group and said "The Devourer is on the move, Seventeenth." I didn't need to say more. They gave me the Emerald Pendant and I snuck up on the snake, the boy watching me cautiously, I pounced on the snake, and pushed it's head down so it couldn't bite me. With the snake subdued, I touched the Water Dragon to it's head, and it calmed down. I swear it gave me a thankful look before returning to the boy who joyfully shouted "Basil! You came back!"  he held out his arm and the snake became a winding tattoo on his forearm. So the Emerald Water Dragon reverses the effects of the Sapphire Chameleon.

Conor's POV

I picked my way among the sheep, while Briggan was tussling with the sheep-dogs. The sheep were used to Briggan being close by, but panicked when they saw amber eyes glowing in the dark. When I walked over, Briggan jumped up and leaped around, herding the sheep back into the pen for the night. The sheep were treating Briggan like just another sheep dog which I'm very grateful for otherwise it would be hard to keep Briggan here. "Conor, it's time for supper!" came the call of my mother that always came at this time. I went in and sat down at the table. I'd been teaching them how to read and write. I started by writing the last bit of the letter for Rollan. "Read this Ok?" I asked. "Dear Rollan." My family recited and I felt a bit embarrassed but Meilin had taught me how to read and write, and writing letters to all of them was my homework. "How is Greenhaven? Is Essix behaving well? I'm sending this from my home in Trunswick. Melon gave me this for homework. I'm sending this to you, also to check whether they are back at Greenhaven. I will be coming back in three days." They finished. "Sincerely Conor." "Yeah. Nice! we'll do this again tomorrow." feeling a bit sheepish, bad sheep pun there, sorry, I went to check the mail. I saw one with Meilin's name on it and I tore it open to read it. 

Several people from Jano Rion are missing.

A man named Sebastien is missing from prison.

Watch out for him.

Alright nice and funny Conor episode. If you noticed, I called Meilin, Melon, and I got this idea from GriffFanfic-1933's SA One-shots, it's called Group chat, you should check that out, If you have any suggestions, I will make you put it in the chat. GRRRRRRRRRR.