Chapter Eight- Soaring Wings

Ashley's POV

As we continued traveling, leaving the young boy behind, knowing we were on the Third Devourer's trail, I watched Copper, my eagle flying in the sky. Komir came and sat beside me, twisting the black tiger amulet that supposedly represented Ether.  He had not only managed Air abilities, he had also mastered Fire and Water while they were traveling. He was still practicing his Earth abilities. I was driven out of my thoughts when a rose popped up right in-between my legs. I gave a startled laugh and Komir gave me a small smile. His eyes were slightly slanted which makes me think he is Zhongese, but the look he had of a thief was definitely Amayan. I held out my arm where a leather bracer was wrapped, a gift from Komir. Copper landed on it and let out an earsplitting screech. While we were all relaxing though, a red clad figure burst into the clearing. Before anyone could move, Komir had disappeared from my side and reappeared with his knife at the newcomer's throat. Jacob watched the red cloaked figure struggle. "Komir, you can let him go. It's Worthy." He said, after watching the cat like eyes behind the mask flash an angry look at him. "Sorry. Try to be a bit more noisy you come through, and this won't happen again." Komir said, not looking sorry at all. "Jeez. Stead told me you are all inexperienced in the ways of this cruel world. Be ready, I'm being followed" Worthy gasped out once he was aloud to talk. Just as he finished speaking, a bunch of black figures burst into the clearing and Komir was in action in a second. His sword and dagger flashing before him. I was captivated watching him fight. He would move with a certain feline grace that nobody could ignore. I would take out one of them and then he would take out five. All the outlaws were defeated in an instant.

Abeke's POV

I crouched in the grass, moving forward slowly so that the antelopes I am stalking wouldn't run. I stood up and leased arrow after arrow at a speed no hunter of Okaihee could beat. The antelopes were down in a moment, and a bunch of hunters emerged from where they were crouching and clapped. Uraza emerged a moment later and I hugged her fiercely. "Uraza. Did you find anything?" I asked cupping her head in my hands. She let out a purr and the hunters moved away from her and started carrying the antelopes back to the village. There was a gigantic feast for the village tonight. It was the day the Wyrm was defeated. I thought of Conor and shuddered. He had been bitten by one of those hateful parasites. Pojalo, my father emerged from the chief's hut. "Nice hunting today." He said warmly. "It was all Abeke's work." One of the other hunters said. Jonas. I thought. Pojalo gained a fiercely proud look in his eyes and I smiled up at him.  When I woke the next morning and offered to go with the hunting party, Jonas wasn't there. When I looked through the village, nobody recalled seeing him since yesterday's hunt. When I reported this to my father, he muttered "No. No, no, no. Not again. NO." I realized he was talking about Soama's mother. My mother.

Alright. There is the last of the Four Fallen. PLEASE COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK. PLEASE. I need you guys to comment other wise I might not continue because I don't know if you like it! That is all and please comment. Also, who is this Jonas character and what really happened to Abeke's mother?