Chapter Three- The First Attack

Ashley's POV

As the group walked across the courtyard of a hotel after riding for many days, an emerald green water dragon sat watching them by the pool. When they walked over, they saw there were water dragon carvings, made of different gems in a pedestal under it. Komir, walked over to the only one made of emerald and started poking at it, Ashley watched, thinking he looked very cute when he was trying to figure something out. He had arrived covered in grime, but under that filth, in Ashley's opinion, was a cute, smart, handsome boy. Suddenly with a loud popping sound came from Komir's outstretched hand and a tornado the size of his finger flew from his palm and hit the emerald water dragon. It came out and started to fall but Komir caught it with one swift movement. Ashley sighed dreamily, and Rebecca came over. They had been friends when they met on the journey to Greenhaven. "Daydreaming about being with a certain street boy?" She said. "Well he is cute, and his emerald colored eyes are so pretty." Ashley replied dreamily. "You still with me?" Rebecca asked "Yeah, but seriously, he is adorable." Ashley said. "He's certainly not my dream boy. Mine has a mini Great Beast." Rebecca said, eyes glazing over as she went into thought. "Josh or Alex? I would match you up with Josh. Alex can be soooooooooooo stubborn." Ashley said. "The first one." Rebecca replied with a laugh. "And look, my dream boy found our talisman."

Alex's POV

When they had left the hotel with the emerald water dragon Komir had found in the statue, they started back for Greenhaven. Alex had chosen to hide his origins of a street urchin. Ashley was a bookworm, and Komir was a warrior thief. Rebecca is a hunter, and Tarin was a warrior. Taylor is a rider of waves,  Tyson was a reptile watcher, and Josh was a good climber. They were the eight.   Alex loved his ram, Charger, and it was night, when the first attack came, only Charger was aware. Charger had run into the first of the attackers alerting the others. Komir and Ashley had gone to hunt together. Tarin drew his sword and slashed at any of the attackers that came near him. Alex took out his own sword and started doing the same. Luckily Komir had the talisman, but they had fought the attackers off. Barely. When they got back, the nine split the two boar between them. Jacob had an otter Spirit Animal. Streak was quick and goofy. When Jacob first let him out, Streak had made the funniest face, and since they were camping by a stream, the goofy otter had dove right in. They slept peacefully and went back to Greenhaven the next day. Komir had found out that the talisman gave the ability to control water, and Komir had a beautiful dagger, with a sapphire embedded into the hilt. The blade itself seemed to glow with a whitish hue, but Alex shook his head, thinking he must have imagined it. He had quickly searched all the dead attackers and took out some money and the next day, they went shopping.

Alright, here is the next chapter. Do you guys like it? I wanted to add, I am definitely going to make a ship book for this. There will be four books per series and I'm pretty sure there is only going to be eight to nine books total. After book two, the one book will be based on one character's POV.