the vision

Hi everyone! Whew it's been a while haha. Before anything else, I want to thank all the readers who have given this story love <3 all your comments are so sweet and I read every single one njdghdjg. I especially love reading y'all's theories!!! It truly gives me a lot of inspiration to keep going! Anyway......here's the update you've been waiting for..... HOWEVER, I beg y'all in the nicest way possible to not pressure me in my writing process. If you enjoyed this story, comment! Tell me your thoughts and theories! I'm a person with like. A job. And a life. And sometimes I just don't want to write, or I can't write, but when I REALLY don't feel like writing is when there's an expectation over me without any like....actual consideration to the author if u know what I mean?

So again, I'm so glad y'all are enjoying this story, but pls, the last thing I want is for people to just mindlessly asking me to update. It's so much more gratifying to hear about all the things you're liking about my story. Those comments motivate me so much more! Thank you all again for your patience, and hope u enjoy<3

Gabriel Ugliano let out his final breath on December twenty third, when the bleak sun had begun to set over the New York City skyline. Sally stayed by his hospital bed until the end. He'd been asleep the whole time, and maybe that's why she agreed to stay—it was bearable, and would arouse less suspicion than her playing the negligent-wife card and going about her day as usual, not even paying the bastard a visit.

Why did I even marry you? she'd thought, gazing at her hands, golden brown with the remnants of sunlight. Her right palm had a scar, racing from her thumb to her wrist.

It was white, almost healed completely, and it brought back memories.

Memories of Percy.

The day the fury came, to kill her son once and for all. Percy had managed to kill the monster instead. They'd fallen asleep on his bedroom floor that night, covered in dust, and Sally hadn't noticed until the next morning that she was still clutching the broken beer bottle she'd brought with her for defense, in her right hand. The wound that was left ran deep, and it was like a signal to her heart that everything she'd ever done to protect her baby had been useless.

Gabriel Ugliano hadn't driven the worst of the monsters away. Chiron broke his promise to keep her son safe, maybe, but she broke that promise before him.

The monster came for him, again, at that cursed Academy, away from Gabe, and she wasn't there to help. They took him to an unknown camp to train and everything she'd carefully done to prevent just that came apart in shambles.

And then.

And then Beeeeep.

The silence after broke away here reverie. Silence. Nothing but silence.

Sally stood from her chair. It had come so fast, so simply, that she didn't know what to do. The heart monitor became a single, red line. Call the nurse? The doctor? Gabe lay perfectly still. Perfectly content in his lifelessness, and she'd—

"You did this."

Her head snapped up. Her heart picked up its pace—with vengeance—as if making up for the one that could beat no more. A man stood before her, heavy-browed, and awaiting.

When she spoke, her voice seemed unused. Rusted with age. "Thanatos."

The "man" before her gave a nod. He'd appeared out of nowhere. Out of the shadows, maybe. And beautiful as an angel, an angel of Death, with those great, cloaked wings of a falcon .