Secrets

My eyes shot open in terror. Did something happen.
I jumped up, glancing around me.
Himari.
I looked back down on the bed, seeing Shu's figure very near to me.
"So this is why you bought thongs, you pervert! Why didn't you tell me-"
I ran to her, slapping my hand over her mouth and dragging her out of the room.

"What are you doing in there for f..Christ sake!"
"I haven't seen you in so long! I just missed you! I was making sure you were okay!"
"Alright, but you didn't have to yell out the fact that I bought thong's! That has nothing to do with this!"
"Stop lying to yourself."
"Alright..fine. But still!"

I sighed, "Anyway, do you know where Yui's room is?"
Himari nodded, "Yeah, want me to show you?"

After Himari had brought me to Yui's room, we immediately started talking.

"You're fine, right?"
"Yes, absolutely. Are you though?"
"Yeah of course."
Yui kept quiet for a moment, before hugging me tightly. "I was so worried about you! And what about your hand?"
" I had to smash the window open."
"Oh my god Rin! You really have to be more careful."
"I know, and I promise no more window smashing from now on," I chuckled, "So, how did you come back here?"
"I got saved by Ayato during the fire!"
" Where the fuck did he come from?"
"I'm not sure! He was just there suddenly!"

"I'm happy that you didn't say I was there aswell. So, keep it like that, alright?"
Yui nodded hectically, "Sure! If that's what you want!"

There was a long silence, before Yui hugged me again.
"Just promise me, that you're never gonna do something like that again!"

"Doing what never again?"
The voice was stern and strict. Reiji.

"Hello Reiji! I'm really sorry, I actually have no idea why I'm here. I'll leave immediately."

"No need. You may stay as long as you wish. However, I am interested in what you should never be doing again."

"Uhh..you know, like, swear less. I should swear less."

"Oh. Hm, now that you mention it, I agree. Your younger sister also has a habit of swearing."

"What!? But not because of me..she is only 14, she would NEVER do such a thing."

"Of course..Dinner is served, so please come downstairs."

"Ah no, I'll be leaving. Where is Himari?"
"Do as ever you desire, but you are welcome to stay here."

Reiji left, and I turned to face Yui.
"Do you mind lending me some clothes?"
"Oh, yeah of course! Pick whatever you'd like!"
She showed me her neatly organized closet, filled with all types of pink dresses and shirts.

I picked out a white flowy skirt, and a pink blouse.
This wasn't really my style, but better than that shirt Shu had given me. The skirt will probably be a bit tight, but the blouse will balance that out.

I stood up and went to search for Himari, wanting to ask about her opinion on this situation.

I walked along the corridor, suddenly seeing Himari staring at Subaru's figure outside. Hah, she was one to talk earlier. She seemed to be having a crush on Subaru.

How old was he again? 16 I think. I guess Himari had to wait a year or two. Or decades, since he was a vampire. Well, I wasn't one to talk..since I probably kissed an ancient grandpa.
I continued observing the situation, giggling when I saw her smiling at him. God, I was invading her privacy. I shouldn't be doing this..

"What are you laughing at, and what are you wearing."
"Oh, nothing. Im wearing this, because I'm not planning on walking around in your shirts. I'll wash it, and bring it back."
" No worries, give it back to me."
" I think it be better if I washed it."
Shu didn't answer, instead he shook his head.

I heard a quiet laugh, was that Himari?
I glanced towards her, seeing her laugh as Subaru came inside the mansion.

She said something to him, but I couldn't really hear it.
I gently slapped Shu's shoulder, "What is she saying?"
Shu looked at me in amusement, "Aren't you the one always talking about respecting privacy?"
This was different! I had to make sure that Himari wasn't doing anything silly!
"I have to make sure my sister is not doing anything suspicious!"
"If you want to know, you'll have to give me a kiss."
I leaned forward, shifting my weight on the tips of my toes to kiss him.
I pulled him down by the collar , pecking his lips quickly.

Maybe this was a little bold, but I really wanted to know. Plus, I've been wanting to kiss him. His lips always looked so soft and kissable.

Shu seemed a little surprised and amused, "She was telling him that he was covered in soil. Which was a lie."
Huh, she had weird ways to flirt.
Really weird ways. Oh well, my flirting was even worse. I don't even remember flirting .

Oh. Never mind. That flirting worked. She was patting his shoulders and back down, getting rid of the "soil".

Hm, back to my flirting skills..when did I..Maybe that one time I stripped in front of him to change.

Oh well, I had to ask Himari if she wanted to stay or leave.

I walked down the stairs while yelling her name.
She glared at me for a moment, as if I was interrupting something..which I probably was.
"Himari, I'd like to leave. Is that okay for you? Or would you prefer the both of us to stay until tomorrow?"

"Huh? I thought we were staying here a few more days."
"Ah,no. We can't do that. This isn't our home, we can't stay here for so long."

I still wasn't sure why I was brought here. I remember fainting, waking up in the nurses office and listening to a conversation. I didn't really remember the conversation though. My mind was hazy, so I couldn't absorb information properly.

I looked up at Shu, who seemed to be dazed by..me? Or maybe Himari? Maybe he just found it funny too.

"Pleaseeee! Reiji said it was okay! Plus, he helped me with my homework."
"I'm sorry Himari, bu-"

"Stay. I need to talk to you, later."
Shu? What would be so important for him to want to talk to me?
"Can't you tell me now?"
"No. You're staying, alright?"
Wow, he was demanding me to stay, but then asking me if it was okay. How logical.
"Ugh fine."

During dinner, Himari was talking about everything. Kanato seemed to like Himari. A lot.

After dinner, I tucked Himari in and gave her a kiss on the forhead.
"Good night, sleep well."
"Mhm..wait Rin."
"Yeah?"
"I..what do I do..if I have a crush on somebody."
"Ahh, it really depends. You're talking about Subaru, aren't you?"
Himari nodded, and I sighed.
"He is two years old Himari, I don't think that works out. However, you could ask for his number."

I left the room, thinking further about this topic. Himari dating Subaru? I couldn't imagine it.

I went in Shu's room, but he wasn't laying down on his bed. What a surprise. I guess I'll grab some Shirt and change in the bathroom.

I went to Shu's fancy closet and picked out a green shirt, then opening the bathroom door.

"Ahhhh!" I yelled in shock.