Party

"Ok guys, in 3 months I'm going to go on maternity leave but that's during the summer and I won't be back next year to teach because I'll still be on my leave, so I'm thinking that as my last class of the day, we'll have a party," Yumiko said, looking over her class, "do you have any suggestions?"

A sea of hands raised, Yumiko picking from the crowd.

"Cupcakes!"

"Baby games!"

"Gender reveal!"

Yumiko smiled, writing down the class's ideas.

"Alright, I'll get Josuke to start looking out for things and we'll have a…baby shower apparently," Yumiko chuckled, "alright, let's get started on those paragraphs guys, I don't want to be marking anything during my leave," Yumiko said.

She sat down at her desk, beginning to mark papers when a student called out to her, "Kakyoin Sensei! Should we bring gifts?" The student asked.

"You don't need to bring me gifts, me and Josuke are able to buy all the things we need, but if you want to bring me something like a chocolate bar or a card, you're more than welcome to," Yumiko replied.

—------------------------------------------------------

"So, how was work today?" Josuke asked, helping Yumiko up onto the exam bed.

"Exhausting, my second class of the day was rowdy as usual," she sighed.
"Well, they're high schoolers, they should know better but they don't," Josuke replied.

Finally, Yumiko's technician entered the room, beginning the ultrasound procedure.

"How have you been feeling lately?" She asked, spreading the gel around Yumiko's stomach.

"Incredibly fatigued, and there are some kicks but Josuke never sees them," Yumiko replied, "all the kicking makes me feel a little sick however."

"Well yes, you have a constant feeling of butterflies, it might make you a little woozy."

The technician found the baby, beginning to look over the image and make notes.

"Here's the heartbeat," she said, smiling as she clicked some buttons and a pounding, almost alien-like, sound filled their ears, "very healthy, really good."

"We were hoping to have a gender reveal for my class, could you just send us the information so we can pass it along to my sister in law?" Yumiko asked.

"Absolutely! Your class must feel incredibly honoured," the technician said with a smile.

"They've worked really hard, so I thought an end of year party was in order."

"Well they're very lucky, and baby is looking pretty cute too, has all it needs to keep going!"

Yumiko felt relieved, and excited.

"I'll print out the surprise information for you," the technician said, pressing some keys on the computer.

When Yumiko and Josuke left the clinic, Yumiko carried a small envelope in her hand.

"We are not allowed to look at this, got it?" She said sternly, holding the envelope up to Josuke as they got in the car.

"Not even a little peek?" He asked.

"Not even a little peek," Yumiko confirmed.

—------------------------------------------------------

"Everything is all ordered," Cerise said with a smile, handing the envelope back to Yumiko.

"Perfect, now I just have to hide this envelope from Josuke," Yumiko chuckled, putting the envelope on the console table in the hallway and saying goodbye to her sister in law, shutting the door and turning to grab the envelope, finding it missing.