♫ 02.Offer? ♫

Shiho's pov

Toya informed me that he left his lyric sheets at the cafe yesterday, I hope no one has taken them. Those sheets mean a lot to him, how could he be so irresponsible? Yet again, he has been quite stressed lately, he must've forgotten about them.

I arrive back at the cafe from yesterday, there's even more people here than before and.. Toya's sheets are nowhere in sight. I look around for a little bit, hoping that the sheets weren't thrown out, I even search the stage area to see if someone took them there.

"Heya! You're the customer from yesterday, right?" I turn around to see the waitress and waiter from yesterday staring at me.

"Are you perhaps looking for lyric sheets?" The waiter next to her asks.

"Yes, have you seen them?" I respond.

"Yes we have! We kept them aside, here you go!" The waitress smiles, handing me Toya's lyric sheets. I take them from her.

"Okay, thank you, bye." I say, turning to walk out.

"Huh?! Wait!" The waiter calls out. "Your friend wrote those lyrics, right?

I stop and turn back to them. "Yeah he did, what about it?"

"Well, we ended up reading over some of the sheets, and we think he's a pretty talented guy. We actually have a few connections that might help him make his songs popular." The waiter smirks.

I know how this plays out, if Toya accepts the offer, then the celebrity takes advantage of his song writing ability and doesn't even bother to credit him for his hard work.. but it is Toya's choice after all.

"I'll let him know." I say.

"How about this, we'll have people here tomorrow at noon, if he's interested, he can come." The waiter states.

"I'll let him know." I repeat myself and walk out heading back to the Tenma's house.

——————————

Toya's pov

I hear the front door open and rush out of my room to see who it is.. it's Shiho!

"Did you find them?" I ask running down the stairs.

"Yeah, they were at the cafe from yesterday." Shiho responds handing my sheets to me.

"Thank you.. I don't know what I'd do without you and Kanade." I smile.

"Also," She pauses. "The waiter gave you an offer, he said that they have connections to make your songs popular, there'll be people at the cafe tomorrow at noon if you're interested."

"Really, an offer?" I say in disbelief.

"Oh Shiho you're back, and you found Toya's lyric sheets too." Kanade smiles softly as she walks out of the kitchen.

"I've been given an offer Kanade." I smile, turning to look at her. "The waiters from yesterday said they have connections to make my songs popular."

"Toya.. look I don't trust them, you know what big shots are like, they only care about themselves they'll just steal your songs leaving you with nothing." Shiho states.

"Not all of them are like that Shiho, they may actually want to help Toya." Kanade says giving us both a reassuring nod. "And it's also up to Toya."

I stand there for a moment thinking of the possibilities. "I think.. I think I'll go tomorrow, I'll see what they have to offer." I say, Shiho and Kanade both nod.

"Toya! Wanna come shopping with me and Tsukasa?" Saki smiles running out of her room.

I am quite busy, but it would be good to hang out with the Tenmas to relieve some stress. "Yeah, I'll come, just let me get ready first."

I run up to my room and put the lyric sheets in a safe spot, so I don't lose them again. I grab my shoes, slide them on and grab my backpack. I meet Saki and Tsukasa downstairs and we leave to go shopping.

We arrive and immediately me and Tsukasa are getting dragged along by Saki, of course she's taking us to the beauty stores.

"Uh, Saki, is the only reason you asked us to come shopping with you was to help you choose a shade of lipstick?" I sigh.

"Maybe hehe." Saki giggles.

"Why don't you just choose the same one every time, so then it's easier to pick." Tsukasa suggests.

Saki gasps. "No, why would I do that! Haven't you heard of trends, they're the biggest thing nowadays, you're just too old to understand." She pouts.

"Huh?! I'm not old, I'm only one year older than you!" Tsukasa gasps.

"I'm sure Saki is only joking." I chuckle, turning to Tsukasa.

"Yeah you're right. Anyways, how about you go to the arcade or even go to the bookstore, you need time to catch an actual break, I'll stay with Saki." Tsukasa grins patting my shoulder.

I give him a warm smile before walking off. "Thank you, Tsukasa."

I make my way to the bookstore, it's been a while since I've sat down and enjoyed a book.

I walk in and spot Kohane, what's she doing here? She looks up and sees me, waving at me.

"Oh Toya, I didn't think I would be seeing you here today." Kohane smiles.

"I wasn't planning on coming but I had some free time." I say walking up to her.

"What type of book are you looking for?" She asks.

"Mystery, I really enjoy mystery novels, how about you?" I respond.

"I like fantasy, I actually have a favourite book that's fantasy but with a bit of mystery." She states handing me a book. "It's called Forgotten Crown, it's about two knights and one of them gets exiled. I know it's quite vague but I don't want to spoil it for you."

"Why did the knight get exiled?" I ask, now intrigued about what the book is about.

"Well, the knight has a secret that they haven't told anyone, one of the other knights found out about the secret and threatened to tell the princess about it, the knight got angry over it and gave the other knight a minor injury, due to that the knight got exiled." Kohane explains, I can tell she's quite happy talking about it. "I know it's still quite vague but I don't want to spoil the book, there's also a lot of plot twists that keeps you on the edge of your seat, and there's one plot twist that was so unexpected, I could talk about it for hours!"

"It sounds interesting, I'll try reading it in my free time, thank you Kohane." I smile.

"I hope you enjoy it!" She giggles, I can tell she's quite excited from me to read something she likes so much.

"Well, see you later." I wave, paying and leaving.

I walk down the street making my way back to Saki and Tsukasa. I take the book out of my bag look over it, judging by the number of pages I think I could finish this in a few days if I paced myself.

It's nice to take some time off, and hopefully that meeting about the offer goes well too.

——————————

Creator's Note: END OF TERM ASSIGNMENTS ARE FINALLY DONE YIPPEE

Also I'm on school holidays in a weeks time so do expect more frequently updates when it starts!

1200 Words