1

"I GOT YOU CASHEW BRITTLE TOP OF THE LINE

"I GOT YOU CASHEW BRITTLE TOP OF THE LINE." Devi exclaimed while handing Ben the white box. "My mom keeps it for funerals or apologies to neighbors."

"Hmm. Well, I'm not your neighbor, so are you planning to kill me or—"

"pfft— noo..." Devi laughs nervously, Ben laughs with her. Then there was a slight pause.

Okay, Devi, you should get over this, Break contact with Ben and date Paxton.

"We should talk about what happened yesterday." Ben breaks the ice, Sitting down on his bed

That's right. They kissed in his dad's car while Ben was dating his girlfriend Shira. So, He basically cheated on his girlfriend with her.

"Yeah.." Devi sighs deeply as she sighs sitting down with him.

"Uhm... Ben, I don't know if that was the right thing to do." Devi starts 

"It wasn't."

Great! They were on the same page, now if he could just-

"Because of Shira," Ben said, "Neutral.

"Right, Of course..." Devi nodded her head in agreement. Even though she wasn't on board with him.

"It's not okay to be unfaithful to someone like that. She deserves more. I mean, She was the person who gave me my first hand." Ben expressed.

"Which is why I broke up with her today."

Fuck.

"You did?" Devi asked again.

"Big time. even though her boobs are the biggest rack of natties out of everyone in our entire grade, It wasn't real."

"what you and I have is."

"It is?" Devi asked for a third time, Making sure he heard him right.

"Yes, Did you know last night I stood up to my parents for the first time in my life? Now we are going to have dinner together once a week. Because of you." Ben uttered.

"Wow.." Devi said with sympathy. She was happy for him, Now he gets to have more bonding time with his family because of her. But was she going to be happy now that she is going to India with her family? 

"That's why I want you to be my girlfriend Devi."

shit.

Devi knew that was coming now, didn't she? "I know you're moving to India but I'm cool with long distances. My dad has access to a pj." Ben flexed as if it was a goddamn award.

"A private jet." He clarified.

"You don't have to say anything right now.. but, Devi, I'm all in."

Ben leans forward to kiss her. It was a little bit harsh. Their teeth clacked around together for the first minute but Devi really did like the motion of getting to feel his soft lips.

Sometimes she kinda wished these moments would last forever.

"No candlelit dinner?" Elenor exclaimed, shocked. "No rose petals in a little trail leading to the bedroom door?"

"Where he's arranged more petals in a giant heart in his California king-sized bed?" Fabiola added.

"Yeah! His friends didn't even leave. I finally took off when Trent ate too much pizza and barfed." Devi said annoyed.

"eww!" they both chimed in.

"I guess Paxton just wants to be friends.." she sighed.

Yeah. She kinda wished Paxton and she was gonna work out. Paxton just seemed so right to her you know? But now that this is all going to come to an end, she doesn't know what to feel. But at the same time, Most of the people at her school only liked him because he was hot.

Maybe it was best for her to move to India.

"I can't believe you actually got away with dating two of them at the same time!" Elenor said through the phone

"yeah! How's India?" Fabiola said.

"Uhm India..? I'm not sure how to feel about it, I mean— it's really hot out here, and there's like little to no service most of the time." Devi sighed disappointed.

"Oh, that sucks, Sorry Devi.." Elenor replied.

"Did they figure out that I two-timed them yet? It was kinda sad that I had to block them ever since I moved to India. I still can't believe Ben has access to a private jet." Devi said.

"Uhm no... I don't think they found out yet, But ever since they found out you left and ghosted them Ben was sad for a while but got over himself, and Paxton was lik-" Fabiola said mid-sentence.

"He was such a prick! It was like he didn't even care or something!" Elenor screamed through the phone.

"Well we will call you back Devi, We have to get to class now. We were just on a break." Fab explained.

"Yeah, Bye Devii!!" Eleanor dragged the "i"

"Bye.." She said, and hung up the phone.