2

DEVI WALKED AROUND THE HOUSE. She never thought that India would be this boring. Devi was so bored that the person who took her identity, Gave it back to her.

"Devi, Your mother is calling you," Kamala said.

"Okay... What does she need me for?"

"I don't know. Go to her room and see." Kamala said.

She jogged up the room. Did Kamala finally get back at her for all the evil deeds she's done to sabotage her hotness?

She opened her mother's door. It made a little squeaking sound as it opened. I guess all Indian doors are like that.

"Yes, Mom?"

"Come here kanna, Come and have a seat."

She sat down next to her on the bed.

"I'm thinking about moving to California next week and I was thinking about you coming with me Because I know how you missed California so much and —"

"Wait for reals!" She shouted

"Yes, Devi.."

"Thank you, Mom! I'm so happy! I can't believe this right now. I'm sick and tired of this stupid heat." she exclaimed.

"Your welcome Kanna." she sighed. "So if you want to pack, do it right now or tomorrow cause next Wednesday we are leaving."

Maybe things were getting better for her after all! Maybe she can surprise her friends that she's moving.

She rushed to pack her clothes, items, and utilities.

"So what did she tell you?" Kamala asked her.

"We're moving back to California!" she excitedly said as she was still packing her stuff.

"Oh, thank god. I was getting tired of the heat." Kamala said.

"Right!!"

"When are we moving?" Kamala asked

"Next Wednesday."

"Oh, that's nice, maybe I should pack too!" Kamala rushed to her room.

"Mom, I never asked, Why did you want to move back to California?" Devi looked at her mother

"Well that's because I've missed your father, The house is what keeps him close to me." Devi's mom sighed.

"Oh.." She muttered. Her father. They used to be so close then, But when he died during her performance, It didn't seem real. All of it seemed fake. She didn't know how to react. But now it just seems like she was numbing the pain.

"Devi? Did you not hear what I said?" Her mom spoke.

"What? Oh no, Sorry," she said.

"I said we are almost there in California. Are you excited?" she asked

"any of you want to switch with me since you are speaking so much?" a man asked.

"No thanks, we don't like the middle seat," Devi responded.

"So, You will start school next week. No complaints."

"Yeah yeah whatever."

"We're finally home! It's been so long

"We're finally home! It's been so long. I've missed this chair, the floor..'' Devi shouted. Going to caress every single spot in the house.

"Devi, I don't think it is that serious.." Kamala said worriedly.

"So what? Cousin Kamala, you don't know how it feels to be stuck in India for literally years." Devi rolled her eyes.

"Trust me I do."

"Whatever, I'm gonna go to my room," she said trotting up the stairs. Nalani rolled her eyes.

"This girl has been like this even before we went back to California." She said,

"I know right? She must be that happy to be in her home." Kamala exaggerated putting the plates and dining where they belonged.

"  Kamala exaggerated putting the plates and dining where they belonged

It was now next week, And Devi was now excited to go back to school. She Hoped She didn't miss too much, Since it was the middle of the school year, But she was sure she will catch up. She's like the smartest in her class after all.

She grabbed her books and phones and other stuff she needed for school and put it in her new book bag. Was this really a good idea for her to go back to school?

She swallowed the lump in her throat. What if she didn't want to go to school? What if her friends didn't recognize her anymore? What if Ben and Paxton Still thought they had something going on? What if—

"Mom! I don't want to go to school I'm kinda sick.." Devi lied.

"Yeah right, You think I don't know the type of games you play with me? Go to school!"

"Ugh... Can I not go to school today then?" she asked

"No! You've missed so much of school already."

"You Know what? Fine. I'll go to school. But don't blame me if I like--- throw up everywhere or something and you have to take me home. " she rolled her eyes and headed out the door. Shutting it loudly.