3

DEVI VISHWAKUMAR WALKED HER WAY TO SCHOOL. "You can do this." She thought. Just relax, Maybe just ignore everyone that looks or whispers about you. But then again, She's not really well known. So why would anyone care?

As she walks into the school's entrance, She opens the door. Her heart is basically exploding out of her damn chest. Is this really worth it?

When she opens the door, Everybody just stares. She didn't look at them but she can just feel eyes being stuck on the back of her head. You know what? Maybe she can just find Eleanor and Fabiola. But then she forgot to tell them that she was back from India and started school today. Wouldn't that be kind of weird?

"Devi? Is that you?" a voice called.

She looked up slightly. It was Fabiola and Eleanor. They were waving at her and she rushed over to them. They all had a group hug.

"We've missed you, girl!" Eleanor said.

"Yeah it was kinda sad that we had to eat in the teacher's lounge by ourselves," Fabiola replied.

 "But hey, Now that you're around we won't be as lonely anymore!" Eleanor expressed. "Also you look so.. Different."

"Yeah, really different," Fabiola said, pointing at all of Devi's features.

"Is it bad? Oh no, That's why everybody was looking today right? I Should've stayed home." she dejected.

"Nonono, It's not that at all. You've just gotten hotter. Like way hotter." Eleanor said.

"Yeah, you look like an Indian Kardashian!" Fabiola said.

She didn't know what they were talking about. Honestly, Because of all of the summer heat in India, she would say she got worse over the year she was in India. The only good thing about this is that she got a new wardrobe. About time.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Like everything!" They both shouted. Everyone turned back to look at them.

"Sorry, you can go back to what you were doing," Fabiola said. Everyone in the hallway turned back to what they were doing.

Sooner or later the bell rang and everyone went ahead to their classes.

"What classes did you get, Devi?"

Devi pulls out a paper from her book bag's side pocket. "Oh, Hmmm. I've got AP World History, Algebra, AP Science, ELA, PE, and French."