4

"SO WILL YOU MIND TELLING ME WHAT HAPPENED DEVI?" DR RYAN ASKED

"It's the worst Doc, This girl named Aneesa shows up and starts being cool to my friends and stuff ever since I moved to India, Not only that she stole my kind-of-Boyfriend." She rants. Walking up and down in her office. She plops down in the chair. "They never did this to me when I was there, I guess I was just some stupid Indian nerd."

"You shouldn't think of yourself like that Devi, Could you perhaps be jealous of Anessa?" she asked.

"Pfft- Jealous? Me? No..." She lies confidently. There was a small silence before she said "Okay... I kinda am. It's like she's proving to me that the reason why I'm not as cool as everyone else is because I'm just lame. She's like- the only other Indian here."

"Listen, Devi, you are beautiful. And it's okay if people don't like you as you are, You don't need to prove anybody anything. Just be yourself, And people will like you, for you."

"Even Ben?"

"..."

"Thanks, Dr. Ryan." she rolled her eyes.

"And I hope you take my advice this time because you usually, Don't."

"..."

"Hey, anessa!" Devi said, taking a seat next to her at lunch

"Hey, anessa!" Devi said, taking a seat next to her at lunch. "Oh uhm... Hi! Devi right?"

"Yeah! How was your day?" She asked, trying to make conversation. "It was great! Actually," Ben also comes along, sitting on the other side of Aneesa. Devi grins evilly, face filled with corruption. "Hey, Ben!"

Ben shudders slightly at this, "Hmm.. Hey Devi." he responded. "Do you guys know each other or something?" Ben doesn't say anything else. "I'm so sorry, uhm... He's my boyfriend and he's.." "Oh really? Don't worry girl, I understand. I used to have a boyfriend exactly like that." Devi exaggerated the word exactly. Ben shifts a little bit more.