C 3

~ ☆~

1st day of training

Mitsuri gave (Y/n) a wooden sword, as she smiled at her sweetly. She was excited to train (Y/n), as she never had a tsuguko. She clasped her hands together and then explained what (Y/n) would be doing first.

"Ln-San, you'll be using the wooden sword in your hands to train as if it were a real sword!" Mitsuri explained excitedly as (Y/n) looked down at the wooden sword in her hands, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay... But how exactly?"  (Y/n) asked, a little confused as to how a wooden sword was going to improve her swordsmanship in any way.

Mitsuri sweat dropped, not wanting to drop the news yet.

"Uh, you'll have to swing the sword 500 times Ln-San..." Mitsuri rubbed the back of her head as (Y/n's) jaw dropped at what Mitsuri had said.

(Y/n's) eyes were wide. "100 times !? Kanroji-San I don't know if my body's capable of doi-" Mitsuri interrupted the girl by putting her palm in her mouth preventing her from saying a word. Mitsuri smiled at the girl widely as she spoke.

"Ln-san I'm pretty sure you can do it! I'll even reward you with Sakura mochis after!" Mitsuri said, aiming to motivate the shorter girl, which actually worked when (Y/n) raised and eyebrow at her then started swinging the wooden sword faster than a cheetah.

~

30th day of training.

(Y/n) has trained for a month being Mitsuri Kanrojis's tsuguko. Mitsuri saw a lot of potential within the first day. Even though the girl was petite, she was strong and precise. She lacked something though. Flexibility. Such a relief that flexibility is Mitsuri's specialty though.

They worked on how to use a sword the first 15 days. The last 15 days, they worked on improving (Y/n's) flexibility. Her body thankfully adapted quickly. Mitsuri was amazed someone could master such a thing in such a small amount of time.

This day in particular, is the day (Y/n) will go to the final selection to officially become a demon slayer. Mitsuri believed she was strong enough to pass the selection with little to no harm inflicted.

~

"You've worked so hard this past month Yn-san! I'm sure you'll pass the final selection with no wounds!" Mitsuri encouraged the younger girl, grabbing her by her shoulders, smiling at her.

(Y/n) smiled back at Mitsuri. "I'm positive I will. I have a great master after all Mitsuri-san!" (Y/n) said, complimenting Mitsuri who was still grinning at the shorter girl.

(Y/n) looked down, then looked back up at Mitsuri with a sad expression in her face. Realizing that it was finally the time of her departure. She sighed, then she spoke in a low voice.

"Well, it's time for me to leave Mitsuri-san... Don't miss me too much alright?" She smiled at the taller woman, and got closer to her, embracing her.

Mitsuri's eyes widened slightly. Then she hugged (Y/n) back tightly. They developed such a mother-daughter bond to the point Mitsuri forgot she the girl's actual mother. She felt sad when she thought about the possible outcomes of the final selection.

"No promises Yn-san." Mitsuri said softly, patting the shorter girl's head gently.  (Y/n) then backed away from the hug and headed towards the door, opening it. Mitsuri following her outside the estate.

(Y/n) turned back and waved, Mitsuri waving back sadly. Holding back tears. After a few minutes, (Y/n) was out of Mitsuri's sight. She headed back to her estate and sat on her bed.

"Don't cry Mitsuri. She's strong, she'll make it. No doubts."

~

(Y/n) was walking towards her destination, humming a tune. She then got bored and stopped humming. Instead, she started to get into some thoughts.

'Ugh. I'll be walking for hours... This is so inconvenient.' (Y/n) rolled her eyes. She started kicking a rock she randomly found out of boredness. But then she kicked it too hard causing it to fly away nowhere to be seen.

~

'After what? After 4 hours of walking, I finally got here! And I'm not tired, plot armor is so dope!' (Y/n) thought to herself as she reached the location.

As she walked up the stairs she noticed the tons of wisteria that were in the location. It looked as beautiful as it did in the anime and manga.

There were a lot of soon-to-come demon slayers there. And a set of twins, who stood out more than everyone else in the location. Then they started speaking.

"Greeting everyone. Thank you all for joining the final selection tonight. There are a lot of demons held captive on this mountain brought back by demon killing swordsmen. They are unable to leave." The twin with black hair said.

"Because from the mountain foot to half way up, there are a lot of demon repelling wisteria that bloom all year round." The twin with white hair continued.

"However, from here on out, there are no more wisteria. Only demons. If you can survive here for 7 days, then you pass the final selection. With that said, let the final selection begin." The twins finished off.
~

(Y/n) had killed 4 demons already. Easy kills to be honest.

She was walking around the location waiting for a demon to strike, but it never happened. It was like all of them were exterminated already or something.

Then of course, a demon appeared from behind. The demon had tried to punch her in the head, but (Y/n's) reflexes went into action and helped her dodge the attack from behind.

The demon laughed as it landed in front of (Y/n), standing up. It laughed as if it were making fun of (Y/n), then spoke in a sarcastic tone of voice.

"You pathetic humans think you're so strong... It makes me laugh!" The demon said as it laughed again, but louder. Which made (Y/n) get madder by the second. Her anger issues aren't a good thing.

(Y/n) smirked. If the demon played like that, why couldn't she?

(Y/n) chuckled. "Says the one who tried to sneak up an attack on me. Tell me, how does it feel to be so weak even after having such inhuman strength? Or do you? Are you still as weak as you were as a human?" (Y/n) asked, teasingly.

~ ☆~