Chapter one | Sorrow

"Help me hurt so that I'll come back, I'll come back to you" - Charlotte Lawrence

SWEET LAUGHS, THE SOUND WRAPPING PAPER BEING TORN OPEN AND smells of sugar cookies ran through Yenna Song's memory as she sat down in the hospital elevator, tears streamed down her face as she clawed at her body hoping to grasp some kinda of feeli...

SWEET LAUGHS, THE SOUND WRAPPING PAPER BEING TORN OPEN AND smells of sugar cookies ran through Yenna Song's memory as she sat down in the hospital elevator, tears streamed down her face as she clawed at her body hoping to grasp some kinda of feeling of her mother still being with her, she couldn't help but wail as she cried out for her mother. The metal elevator doors opened but the young girl couldn't pry herself from the cold floor, a doctor who had stood waiting to get on the elevator rushed in the elevator, locking the doors open, he scrambled to the sight of Yenna's wails and cries. He tried to talk to her but she couldn't speak words, all the girl could do was cry for her mother, the doctor sat behind her and pulled her into his chest, he wrapped his arms around her in attempt to comfort her he whispered "Shhh. It's okay. It's okay. I've got you. You're safe. I've got you." the girl just let out a string of "No's" as she cried into his arms.
Felix tapped his fingers against his knees as his legs shook, tears threatening to fall from his doe eyes. He looked at the land forming underneath the plane he'd sat on for hours, when he'd stepped onto the plane he had hopes he'd get to Australia before his best friends mother passed away. He stepped out to the taxi car and walked fast like into the hospital, he signed in at the front desk but was grabbed by a doctor before he could finish getting signed in, a tall man wearing light blue scrubs ran up to him asking if he was Lee Felix which he said yes too. The doctor took him by the arm and said frantically "She's this way! she's been asking for you for hours, she's asleep now." Felix was confused, who was asking for him? Yenna? When they arrived to the patient room, Felix walked in and seen his poor best friends tear soaked and stained face. He looked back to the doctor needing him to tell him what he already knew. The doctor stood with his hands clasped in front of his stomach, he spoke "She's being hydrated and monitored for the night. Her heart rate was extremely elevated, she had a panic attack. Her blood pressure spiked a dangerous amount so we had to sedate her." Felix looked down to the dark haired girl once more, her hair was matted to her face from sweat, the freckles on her nose and forehead were almost orange. Felix kept his head down as he asked "Jen didn't make it did she?" the doctor frowned through his surgical mask and answered "I am very sorry sir. She didn't." The boy sat down in the chair next to Yenna's bed as he clasped her hands in his own, tears began to fall from his eyes, he muttered a quick thank you and I've got it from here to the doctor and he left. Felix stayed with Yenna until the morning when her sister brought them food. He had been conforting Hana as they send Yenna stir awake. The both of them rushed to her side, her eyes opened and she hugged them both. She apologized over and over again for having caused a scene but her apologies were dismissed. "Yennie baby, you shouldn't have seen that. No one should've. But I'm glad you were with mom during her last moments. You stayed strong for so long and it's okay, it's okay. We don't expect any of us to be able to-" Hana's voice broke in the middle of her sentence as her throat tightened with water forming in her eyes. Yenna hugged her sister for a while before Hana needed to go back and check on their father.
Felix sighed as he laid down beside Yenna as she slept, exhaustion had taken over her. He got up after a few minutes and went to the kitchen where he made himself something to eat, she had been discharged that evening and hadn't ate since the day her mother died, two days ago. He made her food too for when she woke up, he washed her clothes and finally slept himself. When she awoke, he did too. He ran her a hot bath and instead made her fresh food, he got her out a comfortable outfit to wear knowing that she would want one, he unpacked his things and cleaned her house up for her. Yenna's arms rested agains Felix's neck as he hugged her, she sniffled and wiped her still swollen eyes and said to him "You've always taken such good care of me. I'm sorry you have to" she then laid her head agains his neck, he once again dismissed her apology and held her longer.