최범규 🧸 | Life Saver

☆ : ⚠️ ANGSTY!!! Maybe don't read this if you're sensitive to topics such as suicide, self harm or mental health issues as they are talked about / referenced in this story. I will always publish other Gyu stories in the future, so take care of yourselves and sit this one out if you think you need to!(*''*)╯♡

Your legs dangled over the edge of the school roof as you sat observing the world below. The freezing cold air and harsh winds nipped your nose, turning it red and frosty. Your chest felt heavy, as if your heart was absorbing all of your pain like a sponge and drowning in it. The world was dull and nothing seemed to matter anymore. You started to wonder what it would feel like to just jump. To feel the weight beneath your feet disappear as gravity pulls you to the ground. To finally leave all your worries and pain behind and be free. Maybe you would regret it once you started falling, or maybe it would just make you feel something for once. You lowered your head to look down at the concrete below. The height didn't even scare you anymore. If you didn't fear death, was there any reason to live a life you resented?

The metal door behind you clangs and creeks open. You turn to investigate the noise. A tall boy walks onto the roof. He had fluffy brown hair and rounded glasses. Adjusting the strings of the hoodie he wore under his blazer, he raised his head and noticed you sitting on the ledge. "Hey, watcha doing?" He asks in a polite, friendly tone. "Contemplating suicide." You reply coldly. He freezes and looks around awkwardly.

"I'm sorry, that was heavy I didn't mean to dump it on you like that..."

"Uh it's ok... Better to tell someone than keep it to yourself I guess. Can I sit?"

You don't reply. You raise an eyebrow at him and turn back around to face the edge again. The boy ran towards you and gripped the back of your blazer tightly. "Don't." He spoke. He pulls you down to sit on the floor and rests your back against the wall you were seated on. "I wasn't going to do it in front of you. I'm not that bad of a person." You mumble. He crouches down to your level and stares at your expressionless face with great concern. He carefully dries your tear-stained cheeks with his sleeve and forced a pitiful smile. "Sorry. It kinda looked like you were about to..." He sighed, slouching down next to you.

"I'm Choi Beomgyu."

"I know."

"You know?"

You turn to look at him and squint your eyes. "Yes. You're Choi Beomgyu from class B. The guy everybody is obsessed with. Don't act like you don't know you're popular." You scoff. He rubbed the back of his neck and laughed awkwardly. "Not everybody knows me. Don't you think it would've been more arrogant if I assumed you knew my name?" You shrug your shoulders and turn your head away. Beomgyu tried to think off something to say to break the silence. "Do you uh.. want to talk?" He inquires. "You can vent to me if you want. I'll listen." You face him again with widened eyes. Nobody had ever taken actual interest in what you had to say before. This was the first time another person seemed to genuinely care about you or your feelings. You slowly nod and think carefully about what to say.

You start nervously fidgeting with your sleeves as you stuttered, struggling to get your words out. "Well I... Uhh... I'm... Forget it. Sorry." Beomgyu places his hand on yours in an attempt to calm you down and reassured you in a soft, soothing voice. "It's ok take your time." You breathe out heavily and bite your bottom lip.

"I'm having the worst week of my life. I've lost the motivation to do anything at all out of nowhere and now I've fucked everything up. My grades dropped and my parents are really mad. They don't even give a shit about how I'm feeling because they only care about good grades and success. I'm trying so hard to do better but I'm just crumbling under all this pressure and stress and I can't get anything done. I don't even have friends to turn to because I've been too focused on academics my whole life to worry about relationships. But to be honest, all i want right now is for someone to be there for me. I've never had that before."