What's it like?

Tw: Medical Utensils

My day starts usual like any other.

I get up, I take a shower, I wash my hair, I brush my teeth, and put on my clothes.

I make myself some breakfast with yogurt nd oats and Turn on the tv to the news from my couch.

Breaking News!
This just in a massive warehouse fire has left 2 dead and many many casualties, the deadly fire still ablaze might run over to the next building.

Many people are in critical condition and are being taken to New York Presbyterian hospital, As we speak.

"Well..Todays gonna be a busy day." I say as I continue to eat my oats. Miles isn't home yet. He be working them night shifts like there's no tomorrow. Then when he come home he still be having so much energy. Does he inject himself with adrenaline or sumn?

Time to head off to work.

As i'm leaving my penthouse apartment I see my neighbor Eleanor. She's kinda annoying, but she's kinda nice to have around.

"Morning Dr.Verlice!" I playfully roll my eyes. "Eleanor I told you, you don't need to call me that, just use my first name."

"Well that's no fun. Besides calling you by your last name sounds more professional."

"Does it? Maybe."

"Gotta go, see you later."  I waved her goodbye and walked to the elevator.

^*^

I get in my car driving to work I past the fire site. "Yeah..theres gonna be ALOT of work today I see."

There's so much traffic because of this fire. I might as well be late like damn.

I hear the ringing from my pager and I didn't even clock in yet, is that even possible?

I finally get to the hospital, and walk in and get to the employee elevator I swipe my employee card and it opens and look who I see.

"Omg would you look who it is Alicia I haven't seen you in a long time!" She playfully punched me.

Okay ow that hurt.

"Amyli you literally just saw me yesterday..??On the night shift?.." I stated rubbing my arm.

"That was like a long time ago." she rolled her eyes

"It was 8 hours ago." I say.

"Pfft whatever you have no comedy skills."  She folds her arms.

"I don't need comedy I'm a doctor."

"That means absolutely nothing." She says.

"If you say so."

The elevator door opens and me and Amyli walk to the staff lockers and dressing room.

I put on my blue scrubs and put on my personalized white coat and doctor's tag and I'm ready to face what's yet to come.

"We gotta get to the E.R. my pager is pinging like dead crazy"

"Alright lets go" We both race to the E.R.

Opening the big doors to the E.R. We look around seeing many many patients with burns, bruises, covered with oxygen masks.

"Verlice you take this lady, and Elliote you take this man"

Alright. Let's get to work.

"We have a female patient, 35, Tachycardic, Dyspnea from the excessive smoke inhalation, and right leg is bruised and has a deep cut."