PP1

"Hi how are you guys doing today?" I ask the family who long awaited my arrival.

"We're all doing great! Right guys?" I turn my focus to all the 3 siblings.

"Wait..are you guys triplets?"

"YES!" they all collectively say.

"Oh wow that's pretty cool to be a triplet. If I thought being a twin was cool, imagine being you guys!!" No hate to twins though. All of them collectively giggle and laugh except for one, you can see who the patient is. They're so cute. 

I went over some information with mom, washed my hands and put on some hand sanitizer.

"Now hm..im looking for my patient, and I heard it has to be one of you guys.." the triplets all look at each other.

"It's not me!" one of them steps down from the exam bed quickly. Clearly that triplet does not like the doctor's office.

"So it must be one of you two.." I point my finger at both of the boy and girl sitting on the bed.

"It's not me!" the actual sick one tried to run away.

"Wait a second!" he stopped right in his tracks.

"How do I know you're not lying to me?" I interrogate him.

"Uhh..I feel perfectly fine now and I can go home!" he croaked. His voice was a little off, his throat sounded hoarse.

"I'll be the judge of that. C'mon hop right back up on the bed." I patted to the bed motioning for him to sit. "You can sit right next to your sister while I examine you. I promise it won't take long."

He thought about it for a while. Looking at me, to the bed, then to his sister. Finally he came to a decision.

"Okay.." his little voice said. With some help he came right back up to the bed.

Carefully and cautiously I felt his throat. No lumps or bumps it could just be a normal sore throat or strep. It just depends on whether or not he's had a fever in the past few days.

"Excuse me mom, do you mind if I ask did he have a fever of 101 or higher in the past few days?" (Fahrenheit)

"Yes actually, It spiked to 105 throughout the night a few days prior."

"Ah, so this is most likely strep. If he had trouble swallowing without experiencing immense pain for the past 2 days and had a fever prior to this then that's mainly how you can differentiate it from the regular viral sore throat." The mother nodded,

"Oh okay, that's makes total sense since I've tried to feed him yesterday and he was just terribly crying. I didn't know what was going on! So what should I give him to make it go away or ease the pain?"

"I can prescribe him amoxicillin and/or penicillin. Both work great! But amoxicillin is usually stronger."

"Alright! I'll consider one or the other. Thank you so much!"

"No problem, also another thing. Strep is very contagious so I advise you to be careful with the food and drinks, and do make sure he is covering his mouth and nose when he sneezes or coughs!"

"Oh wow! I didn't know that, well we'll be careful isn't that right guys?"

"YES!" The triplets shout. This makes my baby fever go through the roof!!

"Take care now." I say as I hand the triplets all a sticker and watch them walk out the door.

The beeping in my watch tells me it's time to go see the little girl I got the email about.

I'm not sure how to feel about that.

EOCN: We're about to meet lyris ✨ how do you guys feel?