After break

1 new email.

I have an incoming patient? Been a while since I got one of those.

"Amyli did you know I had a new patient?" I look up to her putting on my shirt. "This shit too tight and yes I've heard about her but I haven't seen her tho, her arrival is spreading around the hospital like a damn rumor. " I roll my eyes "deal with it. Plus damn, why they giving her to me? They know I don't like pediatric patients."

"Maybe you'll change your mind once you see her. She got a sad back story."

"What you mean?" I ask putting back on my doctors coat. "Trust, you'll see what I mean when you get the story on her."

_________________________________________
Re: New incomings
Fr: New York presby+
To:AVerlice@nypresby.com

You have an incoming pediatric patient. Female 10, All medical history wiped, No parents, found walking on the side walk with little to no ripped clothes.

Is not willing to eat, sleep, drink, talk, or commit to hygienic cleaning.

For more information, please contact Dr. Sarah Willow.

Best, New York Presby.
_________________________________________

Maybe I'll go see her after my shift.

~*~

"I gotta go see  Mr.Lawrence again." I sighed.

"That sweet old dude who keeps pretending that he has an illness to see you?" Amyli asked.

"Yup, and to be honest it's working. But he wasting his money coming here. Maybe he's lonely." Amyli nodded her head in agreement. Ever since his wife died he's been looking for an excuse to come to the hospital and be seen by someone. Anyone."

"Real, Maybe you should offer him a nursing home."

"You think he'd accept the offer? He's pretty stubborn and independent" I doubt he would take it. Although It's one of his best options. He should meet someone new.

"It's either that or he keeps coming here wasting his money then he becomes broke and living off ssi." It's sad but that's reality.

"You right. You right. Alright ima catch you later!" Off to see Mr Lawrence.

__

Opening the door to examination room 2 there sits Mr. Lawrence in a hospital gown. "Mr.Lawrence pleasure to see you again. What do you have this time?" I smile at him already knowing its most likely nothing serious.

"Ah, Dr.Verlice it's been a long time since I've seen you again! I was hoping you'd be in today!" he grins.

"Oh but Mr.lawrence you've seen me just last week with back issues. What can I help you with now?" I ask once again putting on my gloves.

"Oh uhm..." I take a look at his chart. "Stomach pain?"

"Oh yes! My stomach! Oh my stomach has been hurting me since this morning." he points to his stomach and nods to me with his face looking as fake as my wig. This man is playing with me today I swear.

"Uhuh...Sure..Lets take a look at it."

I look at his stomach, normal. Feel around, normal. Ask if he's in pain right now and sure enough! He's not.

"Mr.lawrence, it seems once again you're not in any pain and there's nothing wrong with you but one thing." He looked shocked as if I actually found something.

"What did you find? Will I have to be admitted into the hospital for a long time?" His face gets "worried" by my "diagnosis".

"Actually no. I'm diagnosing you with..loneliness."