⋆ ˚。⋆ 8 - whatever you want, birthday girl

chapter 8 ! "whatever you want, birthday girl"

chapter 8 !
"whatever you want, birthday girl"

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

"there is an indentation,in the shape of you,you made your mark on me,a golden tattoo,"

in the shape of you,
you made your mark on me,
a golden tattoo,"

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

the group had been looking forward to vivienne's birthday for what has felt like ages, and the day had finally come.

after a school day that seemed to drag on much longer than usual, the group all headed to the sturniolo's to prepare, except for vivienne who hung behind at her house so she could be surprised with the set up.

one friend was sent to vivienne's every hour to take "birthday girl duty" so she wouldn't be alone. the first hour was nick's, and then matt's. the girls decided to take the last two shifts so they could get ready with her. this left just chris's shift around 6.

"matty! get the fuck out of here, kid," chris dramatically swats matt away as he walks into vivienne's room.

matt reluctantly stands up and gives vivienne a sympathetic smiles before walking out.

"hello, viv," chris smiles, taking matt's place on her bed.

she softly smiles at him in the reflection of the mirror of her vanity.

"damn, who died?" he asked, suddenly picking up on the less than positive vibe.

"stop," she forces a laugh and turns to face him, "how are you?"

"better now that i'm here."

vivienne doesn't even smile. instead, she turns back around to face her mirror, picking up her gua sha. chris watched as she ran the tool along her cheekbones. something was definitely off. was he mad at her? he couldn't quite tell.

"i'm scared to be 18," she tries to break the silence.

"you should be excited. you're not too young for me anymore. we can finally run away together and get married and fall in love.... obviously."