Called Up

@R.Ferguson

Ferguson

Liked by @frankirby, @keirawalsh and 10,316 others

@R.Ferguson  I'm so grateful to be called up for the England Euros 2023 Squad! It's coming home🤍

@leahwilliamsonn Proud💗
@bethmead_ Can't wait to play with you this summer!
@lottewubbenmoy 💪🏻💪🏻
@alessiarusso99 well done bestie!!!
@lionesses🏆🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿⚽️

view all 356 comments

...

Lotte and I were together in our shared flat when we received the news that we would both be going to the Euros. Neither of us had been expecting a call up which made us even more grateful for the opportunity.

"I'm so proud of us! You deserve this so much Riley" Lotte says while giving me a hug

"You deserve this too Lotte!" I explained

I've known Lotte for a few years, we met when we both played for England U20. Before playing for England U20, I played for Scotland since i was 14. I signed for Arsenal last season after playing for Rangers for 6 years which is why Lotte and I now live together. As much as I love Scotland and all the girls there I have never regretted my decision to play for England. I grew up in Ayrshire, Scotland but my Dad is english.

...

A week went by and it was time to go to camp. I get along well with most of the squad, especially now that I play in the WSL. However, I have never and will never like Georgia Stanway.

"Ri, are you ready to go?" I heard Lotte scream from downstairs.

"Just coming!!" I replied as I grabbed my suitcases.

I came running down the stairs with my suitcases and met Lotte at the door. I don't drive so I rely on Lotte to take me everywhere which means she will be the one driving us to camp.

"How are you feeling about seeing everyone?" I asked Lotte as I plugged my phone into her car to chose the music. I am always in charge of the aux.

"I'm really excited, I can't wait to hang out with everyone again! How are you feeling about it?" she replied

"I'm excited, as long as I can avoid Stanway" I screw my face up as I say her name

"I still don't understand why you guys hate eachother" Lotte laughs. I just turn up the music in response not wanting to talk about her any longer.

...

@lottewubbenmoy 20m ago

"You never know when you'll need a cowboy hat Lotte!" I explained to her after viewing her story

We had just arrived at Camp and were waiting in the common room for Sarina to come greet us.

The room silenced as Sarina walked in with a massive smile on her face. "Well done girls. I'm proud of each and every one of you for making it here and you all deserve this. Let's bring it home!"

The whole room erupted in applause. Everyone was so excited to be here but all I could focus on was the girl sitting at the other side of the room. She was sat with Leah and Keira as always.

"Your room allecations are on the notice board. We will have a training session in an hour" Sarina stated before leaving the room.

Everyone rushed over to the wall while Lotte, Keira, Leah, Georgia and I all stayed back not wanting to fight with everyone to see the poster. All the girls crowded round the notice board, they all seemed happy with their roommates as they cheered.

Georgia went up first and I could instantly tell that we had been put together as she scowled.