CRUSH

Introducing myself. My name is Park Sunghoon. Previously in the chapter, I told you about my struggles as an only introvert in my surroundings. But guess what? now, this introvert kid made a friend.

YEAH, A REAL FRIEND.

HOW?, I don't know.

Back to the past in the park.

"My name is Kim Sunoo, and I live in this neighborhood."

"Oh, I'm-"

"No you don't have to introduce yourself" he interrupted me, "Everyone knows you already, you are pretty popular here as ICE PRINCE"

I was not really proud of my nickname but because of his smile, I also smiled back.

"I can't believe I'm talking to you. Everyone thought you don't talk to others".

"Actually, I can talk if you let me".

"Oh sorry I can't stop myself from talking, when I become comfortable with people".

He is comfortable with me, Me, THE ICE PRINCE. Unbelievable.

"Do you want to know why I was crying here alone". He asked while looking at the sky.

"Are you sure you want to tell me, we just met".

He suddenly jumped from his swing and faced me.

"In return you have to tell me, why you were here, alone at night. I don't think it's your first time".

"Clever of you," I smiled and jumped from my swing "okay I'll tell you."

"Promise me", he said with his pinky finger

And we pinky promised each other to share our problems.

After that night things started to change in my life. I started to talk with my new friend. We usually used to hang around with each other (nobody else).
I mean I like to hear him talk about his whole day without taking a second to breath. And he kind a make me a little bit comfortable with his presence.

He even encouraged me to make friends in my class(he is now in 10th grade). And that's how for the first time in my entire life I made a friend in my class, Heeseung. He looks pretty NORMAL, unlike me. He was popular for not only his handsome face but his grades too. By the way I suck at academics, I usually spend my time skating, or hanging out with sunoo.

Next day in the playground

"I don't what's gonna happen to me?",I said while complaining.

"It's all your fault hyung you should focus on your english classes", sunoo said with an annoyed face

"You know how bad I am in english, I mean I'm not an ace in any other subject, but English is really getting out of my hand"

"Do you want me to help you, I'm pretty good at English"

So that's how I become even closer to my first friend. When I said "closer" it mean really close. Close enough to turn our friendship to something more.

I started to realize that I  wanted to be near him 24/7. I started to smile every time I saw him, even if he is doing nothing at all. Actually I never planned to like someone this much, like wanting to know everything about them, like wanting tospend every second with them. I can't believe it's the same me who used to distance himself from people.

Time gap

"Hyung, do you want to meet at our hideout tomorrow, I mean-I want to tell you something important",Sunoo stuttered while talking to me in phone.

"Yeah, why not? let's meet", I agreed.

I was excited to meet him because I wanted to tell him about my feelings. I was just on my way to the park, trying my best to not be nervous.

Everything was perfect until I saw someone with sunoo in the park. I planned not to interrupt them, because I wanted to talk to sunoo alone. I didn't intend to hear them, but I can't just stop my ears from working.

Conversation between sunoo and "anonymous guy":

"I heard you are close with ice prince, that's kinda cool. I thought he don't want to be friend with anyone".

Sunoo kept quiet without responding.

"It look like you have also changed with that ice prince. Tell me, is he really that scary, that you can't tell me anything about him".

"I'm sure he threatened you".

Listening everything was not something new for me. I'm kinda used to these kind of people. But this time, I was worried about sunoo. He was suffering because of me. Maybe it was all my fault for involving him, a normal person with me. After all, he was completely different from me. He was surrounded by people all the time, he was friendly and kind.

"He is not my friend".

Strange. Isn't it, I thought I could be with someone like him. But it was nothing but a beautiful illusion.

After hearing those words I didn't  wasted my useless time there.
I returned home with nothing but that emptiness I always had.