Gun pt.3

Neither of the two girls knew why they kept so much ice cream in their household, but it was always welcomed, since when there was a request for ice cream, it was fulfilled immediately.

"...so Miss Le Plau grabbed him by the collar on his shirt, and yanked him right on the floor," Michelle explained, her legs crossed on which stood a box of vanilla ice cream. Wednesday, sitting next to her and trying to put her spoon into the deep-frozen chocolate chip ice cream, laughed.

"Don't tell me she got fired." "She did, although the boy did talk to her afterward and apologized," Michelle said. 

"Anyway, the marks you got...they are incredible!" Wednesday said, looking at her phone which displayed the current list of Michelle's marks.

"I try, but they could be better." "Don't even think about that," Wednesday said. "My mother always wanted me to study harder and harder, but it's not worth it. You already have your future, so why bother?"

Michelle looked at the corner of the living room, where her bicycle stood, all cleaned up and ready to go. The girl sighed and looked down at her ice cream.

"But...what if not?" "Michie. Look at me." Wednesday said as Michelle did so. "Even if you kept your marks how are they now, nothing would make me angry at you. If you stopped cycling and began something else, I'll try my hardest to help you. That's my promise."

"Thank you, Mum," Michelle said and smiled. "But I'm curious; did that date last weekend work out?" 

"The person decided to lure me into believing it was a girl, but that man ended with his finger cut off," Wednesday said. "In other words, not good. For him and also for me."

"Did Enid contact you after the visit?" Michelle asked.

"No, not a word," Wednesday said, pausing the tv for a while. "But if you want...you can go and meet her. Alone though."

"You are scared, mum," Michelle said, as Wednesday nodded. There was no point in hiding it from her; she could read people better than Wednesday herself.

"Yeah. What if...I become attached to her again, and it will hurt getting away from her." Wednesday explained. "She changed. I have never ever seen her drinking from a bottle. Yes, she took a few glasses of something light, but that's it."

"Maybe she needs you...your help." "Michie, no. She doesn't. She became a drunk and didn't even try to contact me to help her." Wednesday said, almost breaking the spoon in her hand out of some kind of anger. "And even if I helped her; what makes sure it wasn't useless?"

"You still love Enid?" "Of course I do, I could never stop," Wednesday said, finally breaking the spoon. "But..."

"But?" "But she could never love me back. She was always normal, not like me." Wednesday said, letting the tears come out. "She's straight, meaning she can't love a girl."

Michelle scooted over to hug her mother, who replied with the same affection. Wednesday always craved just a little bit of touch, a spark of love towards her. Michelle could only provide some love; being her not biological daughter, she still made sure deep inside herself she thought she was.

*Knock* *Knock*

Wednesday sighed, as they both broke their hug, and she stood up, adjusting her pajamas. Since it was Friday, Michelle decided on a movie day, which included being in pajamas since Michelle came from school. Wednesday walked towards the front door, unlocking them. She slowly turned the handle and opened the wooden door, just to find someone standing there.

"Enid?" 

Was the only thing she could say. Enid was different...well, probably normal. She had her hair re-done, she was clothed in normal, formal clothes, and in one hand she had a bouquet of flowers.

"Hi, Wednesday." Enid chirped. She looked nothing like she had when they met with her a couple of weeks ago. "These are for you." 

She handed the bouquet to Wednesday, who looked at the flowers inside...black dahlias. It was full of black dahlias. Michelle was sitting on the edge of the couch, her oversized deer pajamas hanging off the couch.

"Why?" "To...try to reestablish the connection you call friendship," Enid said, trying to use complex words.

"Enid." "I am attending therapy, haven't had a drip of any alcoholic drink in 4 weeks, and will continue," Enid said. "I promise, on this place, that I'll never become the person you saw back then."

Wednesday put the bouquet down on the table and moved closer. She could hear the cheering coming from Michelle. Crazy little girl...might as well continue.

"Enid, I always knew that you were much more to me." Wednesday began, slowly grabbing Enid's hands. "But it hurt. It was a pain when I knew you didn't even think of me."

"I d-" "Michelle was the only thing that reminded me of you. Of how beautiful you were. Of how smart you were." Wednesday said and looked behind. "And how annoying are you most of the time." 

The girl hiding on the couch chuckled and lay down.

"But despite everything, the true image of you was fading away. I missed you." Wednesday finished.

"Wow, you've really softened up after all these years." "Not a bit, I could still cremate you alive with no mercy," Wednesday said. "Only if you hurt Michelle." 

"So...?" "Okay, I'll go on a date with you." Wednesday smiled and chuckled. "But..."

"...But?" "Michelle is going with us," Wednesday said, pointing at the girl, who was again observing them from afar.

"It will be like a family dinner."

Michie = nickname for Michelle