Chapter Six: A New Normal

Sophie was relieved to have a free period during sixth period. She spotted her friend Katie in the courtyard and quickly made her way over to her.

"Hey, Katie," she greeted her with a smile.

"Hey, Sophie! How's it going?" Katie asked.

Sophie hesitated for a moment before deciding to confide in her friend. "I pooped myself in class earlier," she admitted, feeling embarrassed.

Katie giggled in response. "Oh, don't worry about it. It happens to all of us. You'll get used to it eventually."

Sophie raised an eyebrow, confused. "What do you mean? You've pooped yourself too?"

Katie stood up from her seat and squatted down, peeing before pushing out a large load of poop. Sophie's eyes widened in shock.

"See? It's not so bad," Katie said as she sat back down.

Sophie was a little disgusted at first, but she soon realized that Katie was right. This was their new normal. They were never going to be able to use the bathroom like normal people again, and they needed to accept that.

"I guess you're right," Sophie said with a sigh. "I just feel so embarrassed and ashamed every time it happens."

Katie put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I know it's tough, but you'll get through it. Once you stop caring what other people think, it gets easier."

Sophie took a deep breath and smiled, thanking Katie for her bravery. "You're right. I need to stop letting it get to me."

As they sat in the courtyard, Sophie felt a newfound sense of acceptance. This was her new reality, and she was determined to make the best of it.

"I'm glad I have you to talk to about this, Katie," Sophie said, feeling grateful for her friend's support.

Katie grinned in response. "Of course, Sophie. We're in this together. We'll make the best of it."

With Katie by her side, Sophie felt like she could handle anything. They chatted and laughed, enjoying their free period together. This was their new normal, and they were going to make the best of it together.